Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV - Las Vegas Blvd. South

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We sat here for 25 minutes charging at a measly 35 kW last night on 5B. Something isn’t working right at this site. Cars were waiting in line to charge. We charged just enough to stay the night and make it to Henderson to charge up, hopefully with better results.

260CD61C-2811-4263-B2C0-8A6D1B4E6364.jpeg

We sat here for 25 minutes charging at a measly 35 kW last night on 5B. Something isn’t working right at this site. Cars were waiting in line to charge. We charged just enough to stay the night and make it to Henderson to charge up, hopefully with better results.

That sounds normal - what was the car on the paired stall getting?

If cars were waiting in line, presumably all the stalls were full, so you plugged in while another car was already charging on 5A. Normal behaviour is that if the first car is drawing more than about 70kW, the second car gets only 30-35kW (1/4 of the total charger capacity) until the first car either tapers down or departs.

That sounds normal - what was the car on the paired stall getting?

If cars were waiting in line, presumably all the stalls were full, so you plugged in while another car was already charging on 5A. Normal behaviour is that if the first car is drawing more than about 70kW, the second car gets only 30-35kW (1/4 of the total charger capacity) until the first car either tapers down or departs.

5A left while we were charging and the rate remained at 35 kW. The next car plugged into 5A and was also getting 35 kW. So station 5 seems to be operating at 1/2 capacity.

Multiple dead superchargers as of 11 Oct 2019 2:19pm local time. 2A and 3B along with a couple others being flakey. Emailed Tesla Support and spent 8mins on hold before I hung up. This location is where V3 should’ve been installed and should have 24 spots not the Linq...

Reactions: Evee
Warning: total speculation here. I don't know how to check permits.

There is construction underway near this supercharger. Could be V3 (V4?), could be an expansion, or, uhh, could just be some roadwork. This work is fairly new, though, within the last few days.

To speculate further, I'd guess it is some type of work since (1) this is one of the busiest superchargers in Vegas, often full, (2) with the opening of the network to other manufacturers, I don't think they want this one filled up even more.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 6.59.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 6.59.58 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
I drive through this intersection M-F and saw this hoping the same thing but I think Tesla is fine with leaving this charger to rot... it's an OG charger and hasn't seen any love besides security cameras. It gets a lot of use and almost everyday when I'm driving southbound on LV Blvd I see at least 3 cars lined up waiting. Which is foolish because 4.1 miles (11mins or less) is a V3 charger on Eastern with plenty o' space and better quick food options (Jamba Juice/Starbucks/etc)

Cool to see Rivian has a charger going in though!