Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV - Bridger Ave.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's some permit activity. Search by project name for "Tesla":

(Official City of Las Vegas Web Site)

Great find! Sorry that I may have lead some people to check out the site prior to much work going on but it looks like it's been confirmed. My source will be on site on Friday so I may have some pictures. Overall great news!

Also it looks like they still owe some fees. Interesting what you can find out there "Fees in the amount of $1,172.00 are due on this Application Permit."

Great find! Sorry that I may have lead some people to check out the site prior to much work going on but it looks like it's been confirmed. My source will be on site on Friday so I may have some pictures. Overall great news!

Also it looks like they still owe some fees. Interesting what you can find out there "Fees in the amount of $1,172.00 are due on this Application Permit."

There's an interesting note from the architectural review, that the spots encroached into the side clearance for handicap parking, suggesting that the charging stations might be adjacent to existing handicap stalls. I think those were on the first level, but there might be some up higher. I'll look next time I go over there. The lower levels of the garage are cramped, with lots of nooks and crannies. There aren't a lot of places to put six chargers in a row. Backing in might be a challenge too. But part of the garage is a large uncovered deck, and the level under that is generally open, so those areas might work better. The entire garage is supposed to be a charging hub for the Downtown Project cars, so eventually there should be lots and lots of level 2 chargers in there.

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad they couldn't have moved faster on this, would have been great to use it for my CES trip. Guess I'll have to find other charging options in Vegas, and pace myself reasonably heading to Barstow on the way back.

Ask your hotel if they have an HPWC, and if not tell them to get with the local service center to get one for free. The property just has to pay for the installation.

Ask your hotel if they have an HPWC, and if not tell them to get with the local service center to get one for free. The property just has to pay for the installation.

Good idea - probably can't get them to move this fast on it, but I'll certainly tell them when I'm there. It's a timeshare resort a few miles from the strip, and therefore, there aren't a lot of charging options right nearby as listed on plugshare.com. I may have to see if they can give me access to a 240 or 110 (ugh) to fill up while I'm there...plan to use mostly shuttles to get between hotel and the convention center.

I see you have a 60. Have you done this trip before? Be aware that the elevation change, cold, and headwinds can all take a toll on range.

Have not done this before, no. From reading it looks like getting there is no problem - the toughest leg is heading from LV back to Barstow. I plan to range charge and take it easy. The thing is I need to find a good place that I can for sure get a full range charge before heading out.

Have not done this before, no. From reading it looks like getting there is no problem - the toughest leg is heading from LV back to Barstow. I plan to range charge and take it easy. The thing is I need to find a good place that I can for sure get a full range charge before heading out.

That is probably the toughest leg. I managed to do it without issue, but the conditions were good. If there's a headwind, be extra careful. There's a ChargePoint station in Primm, which may or may not be working. There is also a 70A Roadster HPC at Barstow Station that supposedly has a Model S adapter attached to it, and that's about 6 miles from the Barstow supercharger, on the Las Vegas side.

That is probably the toughest leg. I managed to do it without issue, but the conditions were good. If there's a headwind, be extra careful. There's a ChargePoint station in Primm, which may or may not be working. There is also a 70A Roadster HPC at Barstow Station that supposedly has a Model S adapter attached to it, and that's about 6 miles from the Barstow supercharger, on the Las Vegas side.

How fast were you going, and how much range did you start with and how much did you end with? haven't seen lots of data on 60's doing this trip

How fast were you going, and how much range did you start with and how much did you end with? haven't seen lots of data on 60's doing this trip

Ok, I went back and looked at my data.

I departed Barstow with 204 rated miles, and I drove at 66 MPH with cruise control until I reached the summit. Then I realized I was doing fine on range, and so I stopped watching my speed for the downhill part. I arrived at my destination with 54 rates miles remaining. I traveled 150 miles, so I averaged exactly EPA mileage. This was one a strangely cool July day. (It actually rained a little bit.)

On the way back, with more confidence, I drove 69 most of the way, but I sped up at the end when I knew I had range to spare. I departed Las Vegas with 205 rated miles, and arrived in Barstow with only 13. This was a 156 mile drive. This was very hot day, unlike the the other direction, and I had to use the AC a lot.

Be prepared to spend and an hour and half in Barstow to range charge.