Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hickory, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charged twice on recent trip to Raleigh and back. Very pleased. As fast, or faster, than any SC I've used yet. Also very popular (charge speed may be why) with numerous other Teslas, including my first Model 3 "in the wild", both stops. Also enjoyed Sheetz 2 for a $1 hot dogs both stops.

Charged twice on recent trip to Raleigh and back. Very pleased. As fast, or faster, than any SC I've used yet. Also very popular (charge speed may be why) with numerous other Teslas, including my first Model 3 "in the wild", both stops. Also enjoyed Sheetz 2 for a $1 hot dogs both stops.

Agreed, I like this stop much better than the sheetz in Greensboro.

Tesla Supercharger gets taken over by anti-Tesla pickup truck drivers acting aggressively

Back in the "old days" where I grew up, everyone used to carry a large chain in their trunk to handle situations like this. Looks like some of the cockroaches from my hometown settled in Hickory :(

RT

Interesting. The article mentions the practice of coal-rolling Teslas in NC too. Someone tried that with me once in NC. I was getting on a cloverleaf ramp to get on a different highway and changed lanes getting in front of a jacked up pickup before the ramp entrance. He was behind me and didn't seem to appreciate having a car get in front of him although there was plenty of room. As we went through the clover leaf I noticed he slowed down while taking curve quite a bit. Didn't think too much of it, but as the curve ended and we were merging on to the new freeway, I hear a loud engine and notice smoke behind me in my side mirror and realize the pickup had hung back to gather speed to pass me and was blowing huge amounts of black smoke. -- He is coming up on my left side to pass me and gaining fast (for a pickup). Of course I did the only reasonable thing: Instant throttle response with luckily always driving in ludicrous mode, put him from being next to me and gaining fast to being well behind me almost instantly. The smoke was only ever in my mirror behind me. It was very satisfying.

I've lived in Hickory all my life so I was certainly stunned and disappointed to see the story about the incident at the Hickory Supercharger. I've been going there at least once a week, mostly at lunch, since August when I got my Model S and have never had an issue. Stopped in there tonight to charge after a drive from Asheville & saw my 1st ICE there; an old guy sleeping in his car. I was the only one charging, so I wasn't about to chase him off.

From what I could see in the picture, the guys looking at their engine look to be high schoolers. Young guys doing stupid stuff, who'd a thunk it?? Hickory certainly doesn't have an exclusive on that, and it's certainly not indicative of 99.9% of the people here.

So, don't be afraid to come to the Hickory Supercharger. It's in a great spot, 1-2 minutes off of I-40, depending on the lights. Easiest one to get to that I've seen.

Also, if some young guys with d**ks smaller than their brain are ICEing the Supercharger, it's ok to call the Hickory Police. They will respond.

In NC General Parking in. Burlington, SC has 30min, Greensboro Sheetz has 15min. Hickory Sheetz has 20min ( I believe. I lost the picture)

IMG_0111 2.jpg
IMG_5685.jpeg

nice, but not exactly the same. :)

I know what you mean. But I'll say something is better than nothing. I've been in a situation before where I didn't have enough charge to make it to the hickory supercharger while on hwy 321 going towards Charlotte. The Blue Ridge Energy Chademo charger in Lenoir was my saviour at that time. Just putting it out there if anyone needs to use it in an emergency.

Reactions: SigNC