Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Henrietta, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like 135kW to me, same as Supercharger II
Probably Supercharger 2.5 is the same as SuC II but it can play more games, and only needs a (free) replacement of the computer to deliver the full 250kW :D
OR, it is another iteration of the V2 hardware that is cheaper to build and deploy, more reliable (ergo also cheaper to maintain). That'd be pretty exciting as potential to see more SC locations in the hinterlands. 250kW is awesome but plenty of gray pins in the less dense areas of the map would save a lot more time than via shaving 30%-40% off of charging time.

OR, it is another iteration of the V2 hardware that is cheaper to build and deploy, more reliable (ergo also cheaper to maintain). That'd be pretty exciting as potential to see more SC locations in the hinterlands. 250kW is awesome but plenty of gray pins in the less dense areas of the map would save a lot more time than via shaving 30%-40% off of charging time.
Let’s hope someone can make a picture of the labels on the actual cabinets asap, the power ratings will tell us more :)

Reactions: SammichLover
I stopped by there today, they are still busy putting in all the conduit. The have 3 of the 12 pedestals in place to hold the stall plugs. They do not seem to have to have the "stall hardware" in yet. The inverter cabinets (as photographed above) are still sitting out. Today they were putting in all the conduit running from the inverters to the "stalls". It looks pretty strait forward, conduit running over to the utility poll (under the North entrance), to where a transformer would sit. Then from the transformer they have 6 connections to the inverters. From each inverter they run to the "stalls". It looks like they are really about a week away from being able to poor a slab and set the inverters into place. They are still missing the transformer from Oncor and the line from the poll run through the conduit.

Found a pic of Henrietta on iOS Superchargers app. 3 of 12 pedestal bases put in
9E3D505B-29CB-4659-83CA-9B361295BDC1.png

The stop is not bad, my only "complaint" would be that they let way too much smoke in from their BBQ. The entire building is saturated with a smokey BBQ smell. Then men's room was large with 4 urinals and 4 stalls. They had a good variety of stuff in the convenience store. Very fast on and off for US287, it will be very convenient for DFW to CO.

A bit of progress this week with additional cement poured. Not sure if the details on the cabinet help to those who are more inclined, but here it is.
Looks like V3 to me! The cabinet is 1,200 amps at 480 volts, which is 576 kW per cabinet. The other photo shows 6 concrete pads with 6 sets of piping, presumably for 6 of these cabinets. We know there are 12 stalls, so that's 576 kW * 6 / 12 = 288 kW per stall.

• Disagree
Reactions: mociaf9
Looks like V3 to me! The cabinet is 1,200 amps at 480 volts, which is 576 kW per cabinet. The other photo shows 6 concrete pads with 6 sets of piping, presumably for 6 of these cabinets. We know there are 12 stalls, so that's 576 kW * 6 / 12 = 288 kW per stall.
That picture shows the switchgear, not the supercharger cabinet. These definitely aren't V3. See up thread, in post #129, for the markings on the supercharger cabinet shipping labels.

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4 and jrad6515
I assume Semis are a factor in any v3 location, especially the early ones. Is it possible a big chunk of the power being installed is reserved for megachargers? Is this a popular trucking route? It's definitely along the route Tesla uses to ship cars to Texas.

Hwy 287 is a major route for Houston/Dallas to Colorado & New Mexico. Lots of trucks on the route. Several big truck stops in between Dallas and Amarillo.

Great any version is appreciated. This will make the Dallas to Santa Fe run a realtor me.

Reactions: ShaneT