Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Helena, MT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking forward to this. Doing first time Montana trip in June/July from Monterey Peninsula - driving via Barstow, Vegas, Moab, Denver, Rapid City - then across MT to Glacier NP, Coeur d'Alene, Wash, OR, to home. . May dip down to Yellowstone, but hear the throngs are heaviest then.
Guessing maybe fishing allowed in that pond while charging :cool:!!

Reactions: Artful Dodger
I have an earlier comment but it might have gotten stuck in the spam filter. Anyway the wheels are KMC KM694 Wishbone rims with Michelin X-Ice Xi3 tires. That's just what Big O Tires in Bozeman was able to get for me when I wanted a second set of rims for winter tires, but yes they do look a bit like the stock rims.

Getting closer!
20200304_185032.jpg

Looks like all the Tesla equipment is there and the green utility Xfmr so if the utility is turned on, just need Tesla to come by and test. Could be as little as a week but they may wait to do multiple Montana sc in one trip so could be a couple of months.

• Informative
Reactions: otter
It seems Tesla’s commissioning process is now more simplified than in the past. And they seem to have worked out most of the earlier “kinks” with the V3.

If the pedestals are lighted and fans are running it’s likely up. Then it’s a “soft opening” for a couple weeks while they let Tesla’s sniff it out and use it. (Now days usually within a few hours it seems ;-) If no issues crop up during the “soft opening” it will begin appearing on the in car nav.

I charged at Alexandria only a few hours after the pedestals were lite up according to the people at Target.

It seems Tesla’s commissioning process is now more simplified than in the past. And they seem to have worked out most of the earlier “kinks” with the V3.

If the pedestals are lighted and fans are running it’s likely up. Then it’s a “soft opening” for a couple weeks while they let Tesla’s sniff it out and use it. (Now days usually within a few hours it seems ;-) If no issues crop up during the “soft opening” it will begin appearing on the in car nav.

I charged at Alexandria only a few hours after the pedestals were lite up according to the people at Target.
Sure, but this one is not lit up yet and it is very remote. Someone from Seattle or Salt Lake will likely need to come out to test and activate it. Therefore the previous post is likely correct, that they will want to wait until a few of the new Montana superchargers are ready to go before they send someone up to test them.

Sure, but this one is not lit up yet and it is very remote. Someone from Seattle or Salt Lake will likely need to come out to test and activate it. Therefore the previous post is likely correct, that they will want to wait until a few of the new Montana superchargers are ready to go before they send someone up to test them.

i believe there is someone who could check it from Spokane now. We got a service center there not long ago, and if I remember correctly one of the mobile techs has a place there. still a full day over there though :)

With COV-2 going on, I'm sure that the superchargers are going to be delayed more than they already are. Also with Tesla operations down for the time being, I bet there supply chain is backed up a bit as they're trying to get everything installed, tested, and online with the rest of the Montana superchargers. But these chargers may have more priority than others so the world may never know. Maybe next two weeks!

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
With COV-2 going on, I'm sure that the superchargers are going to be delayed more than they already are. Also with Tesla operations down for the time being, I bet there supply chain is backed up a bit as they're trying to get everything installed, tested, and online with the rest of the Montana superchargers. But these chargers may have more priority than others so the world may never know. Maybe next two weeks!
I don’t think so. They are busting ass on the one in Heyburn, ID-already have the pedestals up and are working every day. From what I understand there’s a team that goes through, checks everything and finishes bringing them on from Tesla, and they’ll probably do Ontario, Heyburn, and these Montana ones in one go.

Reactions: PStewart
I tried the cable button press, but the port cover didn't open like it normally would for any Tesla charger so I opened it from the app, plugged in and waited for anything. I was at the Butte supercharger 2 hours earlier, no issues there. I've never been to a supercharger this early in the install process so I'm not sure what to expect other than "normal operation but it doesn't show in the nav map"