Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Harrisburg, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Painted the lines. No plugs yet. Still fenced off.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    511.8 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    454.4 KB · Views: 72
Once this one is open, if anyone makes the trip from Harrisburg to Somerset in a 60 kWh car, I would love to know how it goes. I need to travel to Philly in a few weeks, but I am little concerned about the this leg, as there it is 140 miles with a significant elevation change.

These look a little different from others I've used... Maybe we are getting liquid cooled?

I've rocked the Somerset charger. I love going down 15, then taking 30 out. Great twists and drops! I made it there with like.. 6% left maybe? 4? Lol. I'm not worried ;)

Don't think they're liquid cooled. Pretty sure the liquid cooled have some venting at the bottom of the pedestal which I don't see in these photos. What I find more strange is they haven't even started with any kind of fencing around the cabinets / switch gear.

Once this one is open, if anyone makes the trip from Harrisburg to Somerset in a 60 kWh car, I would love to know how it goes. I need to travel to Philly in a few weeks, but I am little concerned about the this leg, as there it is 140 miles with a significant elevation change.

Have done this trip a number of times with my car "70D" without a problem. Have not done it in a while so I do not remember exact numbers. Remember to HBG arriving with close to 20%, when charged in Somerset to 90%. On the way to Somerset arrived under 10% when charged to 90%. Typically drive 75 MPH on this route both ways. BTW the navigation recommends going to Hagerstown to charge,

I've done Hays, KS to Goodland, KS which is 142 miles with an elevation increase between 2,050 ft and 3,704 ft in my 60. This should be a breeze. Starting with a charge of 202 miles, drafting behind trucks reduced my wh/hr substantially even though I averaged ~75 miles per hour. The energy screen is very accurate in my opinion in managing the right speed to stay on course.

I've done Hays, KS to Goodland, KS which is 142 miles with an elevation increase between 2,050 ft and 3,704 ft in my 60. This should be a breeze. Starting with a charge of 202 miles, drafting behind trucks reduced my wh/hr substantially even though I averaged ~75 miles per hour. The energy screen is very accurate in my opinion in managing the right speed to stay on course.

How much range did you have left when you arrived? My 60 is only getting 188 miles on a 100% charge these days :(

How much range did you have left when you arrived? My 60 is only getting 188 miles on a 100% charge these days :(

You're going to be cutting Harrisburg to Somerset really close if you're only getting 188 miles. Evtripplanner says that trip will take 188 miles based on a speed of 1.1, normal temps and 400 lb payload.

Assuming you don't speed, no HVAC and 200 lb payload, you're looking at 159 rated miles per EVTripplanner.

You're going to be cutting Harrisburg to Somerset really close if you're only getting 188 miles. Evtripplanner says that trip will take 188 miles based on a speed of 1.1, normal temps and 400 lb payload.

Assuming you don't speed, no HVAC and 200 lb payload, you're looking at 159 rated miles per EVTripplanner.

Thats what I was afraid of. My wife's 60 is still getting 200 on a range charge, but mine has not held up as well, even though it is newer with fewer miles on it.

I will probably either name a detour to hagerstown (longer overall, but shorter legs) or take a rental ICE car. The 208 advertised range on the 60 should have been plenty for a 140 mile leg, but I guess that is not always the case.

Thanks guys for the input guys!

Keeping your speed down should do it. On I-80 before Tannersville I have had to set the cruise at 55 in a 70mph zone. Going that slow stinks but it's way better than using Dino juice.

Slowing down drastically decreases your kwh/mi.