Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hamilton Township, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm literally within 1 mile of this SC about 3-4 times per week... I'll probably stalk it a little and keep an eye on things :wink:

Edit: Side note, this is a very good spot. Huge shopping center. There is plenty in that shopping center and plenty of places to eat and such. Just figured I'd point that out. Also a hotel across the street/4-lane highway. (I believe there is a crosswalk)

I'm literally within 1 mile of this SC about 3-4 times per week... I'll probably stalk it a little and keep an eye on things :wink:

Edit: Side note, this is a very good spot. Huge shopping center. There is plenty in that shopping center and plenty of places to eat and such. Just figured I'd point that out. Also a hotel across the street/4-lane highway. (I believe there is a crosswalk)

Great, thanks!

Lets hope people remember that the superchargers are not for plugging in and going to bed a the hotel for the night. Also I'm not sure there actually is a crosswalk there.

This is right on the way from my house to Six Flags. I foresee many stops by here this coming summer... Oooh! And I believe Six Flags just announced their opening weekend is April 11th-13th...so if my car isn't delivered by then, maybe I can go ride Kingda Ka to get my linear induction motor rapid acceleration fix...

OK, stopped over there this afternoon to check it out.

First, the bad news.... its not done. Looks like the utilities are not yet connected or even really started yet. Only customer (Tesla) equipment on site. There is a distinct spot where the utility company's box will probably go that only has conduit sticking out the ground still.

Second, the good news... these look like 135 kW superchargers. See pic below...

Some pics from today. One spot was ICE'd when I got there (was in my Volt today actually so I kind of ICE'd a spot too). There's no signage at all yet.

2014-04-01%2015.16.53-1280.jpg

2014-04-01%2015.17.31-1280.jpg

2014-04-01%2015.17.09-1280.jpg

These are on the side of B&N, so, I guess less likely to get ICE'd with signage. Although, B&N gets pretty busy at times. I've seen this lot completely filled before on a weekend. Tesla should definitely put something that says others will be towed here.

Note, there is a crosswalk across 130, but, its on the north on 130 (closer to Chick Fil A)... probably a bit of a hike. I was figuring someone could supercharge while checking into the hotel or whatever, then by the time they got everything together they'd grab the car. Certainly wouldn't want someone parked all night.

-wk

- - - Updated - - -

Some more notes... PSE&G services this area for electricity I do believe.

I have a fuzzy pic of the Burlington, NC supercharger's info plate somewhere for comparison...

burlingtonplateforcompare.jpg

This was a zoom and enhance deal through the tiny slots in the fence around them using my phone... you can see the "120 kW" on it though.

Last, I did try to supercharge the Volt... couldn't quite figure it out though... :tongue:

2014-04-01%2015.17.58-640.jpg

Thanks for the update wk057. Disappointing though as I was hoping to use this on a road trip this weekend. Seems unusual to have the supercharger all set and ready to go but no utility hookup. Must be a NJ thing. Did Tesla not pay off the right local people to get it done? :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the update wk057. Disappointing though as I was hoping to use this on a road trip this weekend. Seems unusual to have the supercharger all set and ready to go but no utility hookup. Must be a NJ thing. Did Tesla not pay off the right local people to get it done? :)

Unfortunate it has become more common that we'd like. When the Superchargers were getting built in December and January there seemed to be only a few issues with locations. However the timeline seems to be a bit more extended now. Hopefully this changes in the near future.

I'm afraid you can't blame New Jersey for leisurely utility hookups. Vacaville, Cranberry, Gila Bend, and San Juan Capistrano are among those sites which have waited weeks (or even months) to get connected to the grid.

At the first Edison NJ Zoning Board meeting, the Tesla representative was asked about signage and or towing (that location is at a very busy and big mall with a shortage of parking spots), and Drew Bennett (from Tesla) said that Tesla would NOT tow any cars. That is not the image they want. They use a variety of signs to discourage others from parking in the spots.

photo-15.JPG
Stopped by on my trip 2 days ago to check progress since last photo (none noted). All but one spot occupied by ICE cars (no signage yet of course) but seems like this could be an issue given the popularity of the location. There is a crosswalk at the nearest intersection for the hotel across the street. This will be a nice location with many restaurants, stores though it is a bit of a distance off 95. Definitely a better location than where I ended up charging (Kohl's Mantua) J-1772, better than Brodering I guess.

Stopped by on my trip 2 days ago to check progress since last photo (none noted). All but one spot occupied by ICE cars (no signage yet of course) but seems like this could be an issue given the popularity of the location. There is a crosswalk at the nearest intersection for the hotel across the street. This will be a nice location with many restaurants, stores though it is a bit of a distance off 95. Definitely a better location than where I ended up charging (Kohl's Mantua) J-1772, better than Brodering I guess.

Yes I think this location will be an issue. Its nice to have the superchargers farther away from the main attractions although it requires Model S drivers to walk a bit more (which isn't a bad thing). This location seems a bit too close to B&N's front door.

Yeah, as I mentioned, that place is usually packed. I hope they at least have some kind of scary signage to at a minimum discourage parking.

@DFibRL8R - Khols in Mantua is minutes from me. But you could stop at the Rutgers Eco Complex's J1772 Chargepoint station right off I-295 (Exit 52 I think?), which is ~15 minutes south of this supercharger location. IIRC the Chargepoint and other app maps showed the Rutgers one on the wrong side of 295... but its not hard to find... big circular parking lot. Edit: Its here: 40.078392,-74.756269. Edit again: Can even see it from StreetView! 40.078392,-74.756269 - Google Maps