Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Grand Rapids, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Boyne Mountain is the perfect site for some destination charging. I am sure Tesla would support the resort with Destination Charging infrastructure. Connect someone in charge at the resort with Destination Charging | Tesla Motors
I agree and have already spoken with John McGregor, Senior VP of Operations, and their president, Stephen Kircher, about this. It is on their list. We are friendly competitors with them :smile:

Charging right now at Grand Rapids... 114kw... great site. Love the lighted charge posts. So glad it's open! Eating at the Firehouse Subs.

WP_20150626_20_45_07_Rich.jpg

I see what you mean about the backlighting now. Cool! Charging here now with a 85D with Florida plates.
I stopped in last Thursday just to try out the supercharger for fun, and I ended up being the second car to charge - the first was a couple from Ionia, MI that came to shop and stumbled across the charger. It would be great if the SC brings more Tesla traffic to Michigan in general, which hopefully would encourage Tesla to build out the Michigan SC network more quickly. Wishful thinking I know . . . but a guy can wish, right? :rolleyes:

I stopped in last Thursday just to try out the supercharger for fun, and I ended up being the second car to charge - the first was a couple from Ionia, MI that came to shop and stumbled across the charger. It would be great if the SC brings more Tesla traffic to Michigan in general, which hopefully would encourage Tesla to build out the Michigan SC network more quickly. Wishful thinking I know . . . but a guy can wish, right? :rolleyes:

Bernie - I think you logic is sound. More superchargers and destination chargers will likely bring more out of state visitors to Michigan. It will be fun to watch it all unfold....and good for business too.

Last edited:
I'm planning on being at the A2 supercharger around 8am and then heading to Grand Rapids around 9am. The actual address for that A2 Meijer location is 3145 ANN ARBOR-SALINE RD. ANN ARBOR, MI 48108.

I should be arriving in GR around noon Saturday. How many people are driving their Teslas to GR? If anyone wants to meet up in Brighton or Lansing to convoy up let me know.

I'll swing by Thursday night to check....I got surprised by the outage a week ago and rolled in with 30mi left coming down from Traverse City. Fortunately, there is a good backup at a lighting company by GRR (Patterson and 36th). Easy access, ended up walking to the airport to see off some family traveling overseas. Will shout out if I see the dog bowl.

I have to thank Meijer’s for their Tesla support, but when I visit *this* charger, I walk to the Indian Masala restaurant. A short walk but the quality and variety of food is lovely. They have many options for vegetarians and vegans.

Just wanted to mention...

32EAACE1-A7B0-4445-AD99-CEB558F12A96.png

Reactions: jgs