Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fernley, NV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving west on Interstate 80 from Winnemucca NV to Fernley NV, with the onboard computer directing us to the Fernley Tesla Supercharger, we somehow ended up at a small airfield with a locked gate on the south side of town. Eventually we found the correct supercharger location north of town on highway 95, but if we had been down to our last % it would have made for a difficult situation. Has this happened to anyone else?
You must have missed the exit off Interstate 80 if you were heading west, as you would exit at the junction with US95 ALT. It appears that you exited the interstate on the west side of town, bypassing the proper exit. I will infer that you had US95 ALT in your head when you saw the trailblazer sign assembly on Main Street indicating to make a right hand turn to go south. You must have passed a city park on your right. The airstrip is about a mile out of town from the park.

The Fernley Supercharger is south of Interstate 80 at the US95 ALT exit. It is in a parking lot across from Red's Bar and Grill.

I cannot comment on the navigation, however. I just know where the Fernley SC is and how to get there without using navigation.

The only suggestion I can offer is to look carefully at the destination on the touchscreen to get a little more familiar with the lay of the land before you embark. That way, you have a back up reminder to guide you. For example, the Flying J Travel Plaza is on the NE corner of the exit you should have taken.

Reactions: iCAR
I charged there Aug. 2023 heading west on I80, the south bound exit was closed due to construction, had to do a full loop from the next exit back. Mb maps learned that from me, ;).

Screenshot 2024-06-08 at 3.03.15 PM.png