Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dublin, CA - Amador Valley Blvd (LIVE 3 Nov 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally!!! They are getting close to having this place online.

I went by there today and saw all sort of activities. They are cutting off traffic into the shopping center intermittently. I stopped and talked to the crew, especially the people with PG&E vests on. They are saying 6 weeks to live, so I plan on 10-12 weeks. Below are some shots of the WIP.

We celebrated this progress with pastries from Paris Baguette! Which is easy walking (2-3 minutes) distance from the SC.

Dublin_SC_1179.jpg
Dublin_SC_1183.jpg
Dublin_SC_2.jpg
Dublin_SC_1188.jpg

Last edited:
A few more WIP photos. Construction activity (on a Saturday!) has moved down the street to basically the corner of Amador Valley Blvd. and San Ramon Rd. There are a bunch of PG&E and other work trucks, closure of the right turn lane from WB Amador Valley Blvd. to NB San Ramon Rd., and workers doing something under the roadway surface.

(Paris Baguette is indeed close by, although I personally prefer Tous Les Jours a couple blocks over.)

Bruce.

1695507815258.jpeg

1695507836552.jpeg

Beat me to it, I poked my head in on my way to the RV show at the fairgrounds yesterday. Didn't stop, just like last weekend coming back from the cabin I was just checking that the equipment was still bagged before whipping a U-ie (U-y?). This is the most time between first visit and opening of any Supercharger ever, probably the most visits, although I was more than daily at the one that opened across the street from my neighborhood.

We have family in this area we visit often, my brother in law and in laws, very excited for more SC’s up there. The hotels usually provide level 2 but sometimes you need SC’s while on the road. It seems there’s a lot of new stations up there now? Excellent here in Pasadena where I live in So Cal we have 7 Supercharger sites in like 13 mile radius, it’s awesome. Enjoy them.

We have family in this area we visit often, my brother in law and in laws, very excited for more SC’s up there. The hotels usually provide level 2 but sometimes you need SC’s while on the road. It seems there’s a lot of new stations up there now? Excellent here in Pasadena where I live in So Cal we have 7 Supercharger sites in like 13 mile radius, it’s awesome. Enjoy them.
There are a lot of Superchargers in the area. There are two others within 3 miles (one you can walk to as the SC) of this location and ten or more within 10 miles or so. The 580/680 interchange sees a lot of traffic.

The area is super busy, and both the 150kw chargers across the freeway from the outlets only work at 72kw max Good luck. Any extra chargers will help
Are you saying the ones at Target are only going up to 72kW? If so, that is new. I charged there in Spring and got 125 kW+.

I know the ones at the Outlet mall top at 72 kW because they "Urban" chargers with a 72 kW cap, like the ones at Home Depot off Hopyard.

Last edited:
Are you saying the ones at Target are only going up to 72kW? If so, that is new. I charged there in Spring and got 125 kW+ kW.

Dublin, CA - Dublin Blvd. has V2 chargers, so you split the approximately 150kW if someone's plugged into the other post that shares a charger cabinet with you.

I know the ones at the Outlet mall top at 72 kW because they "Urban" chargers with a 72 kW cap,

Livermore, CA

like the ones at Home Depot off Hopyard.

Pleasanton, CA

Bruce.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Are you saying the ones at Target are only going up to 72kW? If so, that is new. I charged there in Spring and got 125 kW+ kW.

I know the ones at the Outlet mall top at 72 kW because they "Urban" chargers with a 72 kW cap, like the ones at Home Depot off Hopyard.
They are 150kw chargers, but every time I've plugged in I've only gotten 72kw. Both with my old battery and replaced battery, and even if it's empty.
Now I just pretend it's not there.
The outlets are slow, 72kw, home depot is all 72kw, and the dublin one is so busy it might as well be 72kw also.
San ramon is the closest 250kw charger, so this one I have a feeling once it opens it will be packed from day 1

They are 150kw chargers, but every time I've plugged in I've only gotten 72kw. Both with my old battery and replaced battery, and even if it's empty.
Now I just pretend it's not there.
The outlets are slow, 72kw, home depot is all 72kw, and the dublin one is so busy it might as well be 72kw also.
San ramon is the closest 250kw charger, so this one I have a feeling once it opens it will be packed from day 1
I wonder if you are running in the splitting that Bruce mentioned above. That was an issue with the V2 units.

Item U10 on this post might be helpful:

Bruce.

Reactions: jboy210