Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Draper, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope Draper takes the loan off of SLC chargers, but realistically I think the SLC chargers need an expansion. With that location doubling as a delivery center and charging new cars, it just bogs it down. Either that or some more dedicated destination chargers that can be dedicated to new cars.

Still, I am surprised Park City or Ogden weren't next.

Park City changed their online permitting search late last year, so now it's really hard to find permits online if you don't have one in process. Basically you can get information about your personally submitted permits, but you can't just freely search anyone else's application. Summit County has been hit or miss for their permit listing, they only update it about once a month or so, sometimes it goes 5+ months before they list them and then they are only ones that have been approved.

Agreed. SLC needs to be V3 and 16+ plugs.

V3 might help, but as for expansion I don't know where they could put the extra plugs, that place is already a madhouse during the end of quarter rush. There was talk that they were going to move the sales portion of SLC to City Creek Mall and make the current location delivery only, but I don't think that would change too much in terms of traffic/parking.

Really they should take over the old Suzuki dealership across the street and make that a delivery only location.

V3 might help, but as for expansion I don't know where they could put the extra plugs, that place is already a madhouse during the end of quarter rush.
Agreed, there is not enough space there. But at least with V3 you wouldn't be sharing the charger stacks and could get a little more throughput in this location.
Really they should take over the old Suzuki dealership across the street and make that a delivery only location.
That would be a great idea. They need the space and I'm thrilled they are staying this busy every month.

They used that parking lot for a bunch of Model 3s a while back. Their own lot was so full that there were probably 50 over in the Suzuki lot. I doubt it would happen, but I'd love it if they could put a bunch of destination chargers over there and use that for new cars. I think that would be more likely than them changing locations completely.

Reactions: Park2670
Sorry, potato quality, but proof they were using it. 09F3E10F-933B-4005-8532-D4F74BF755CB.jpeg60510530-AC55-4B93-B1EC-74260819860F.jpeg
And I'm not sure why they are upside down as they are correct on my phone. Stupid technology. :p

I hope Draper takes the loan off of SLC chargers, but realistically I think the SLC chargers need an expansion. With that location doubling as a delivery center and charging new cars, it just bogs it down. Either that or some more dedicated destination chargers that can be dedicated to new cars.
Well they need new superchargers elsewhere in SLC then. They are only going to get more busy with deliveries and service, so eventually I would expect the current SLC supercharger to be for service center use only and not open to the public.

Well they need new superchargers elsewhere in SLC then. They are only going to get more busy with deliveries and service, so eventually I would expect the current SLC supercharger to be for service center use only and not open to the public.
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a small "supercharger" setup already for the actual service center, but then again I've seen service vehicles being charged at the SLC supercharger so perhaps not.

When that service location opened over at 1038 S 300 W they mentioned to me it was like pulling teeth to get Rocky Mountain Power to upgrade their service just for those 4 destination chargers they have out by the front door.