Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Denver, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the Denver Airport Supercharger today, and what do I see? Expansion!!

I asked a crew member and he said only 2 extra would go active, despite having 5 more pedestals on-site. This would mean 8 total pedestals here—all at 150 kW (even the 2 new pedestals would be 150 kW (I asked)).

They were actively working on pulling electrical to the new spots.

This location is so busy that I’ll take any expansion of any kind here.

Reporting what I see and what I was told. Fingers crossed they add even more active pedestals, but everything helps.

ACFD7318-7536-46C4-B9ED-B88E0AE1CAA7.jpeg

88CA322C-4B5C-47FE-93EE-2A2107961EC5.jpeg

04D4CF80-E0C5-4CAC-A55E-D3A09493E653.jpeg

Strange that they'll only enable one stall per cabinet. Why not make two available on one cabinet and skip installing the second pallet? Regardless, this site will be limited by the existing transformer output, so there will only be a modest increase to total throughput - but anything increase is welcome.

@Bighorn is correct. The original 6 chargers are still shared 150 kW. The 4 new chargers are 250 kW. I plugged into both to test.

Results: at new plug, I actually hit 250 kW. Then, using a shared legacy plug, I maxed out at 73 kW. Going back to the same new plug on which I hit 250 kW just 2 minutes earlier, I could not get it to charge at all—screen said “ready to charge.” So I switched to the other roll-in platform of new plugs, and it worked great.

Conclusion:

Denver (Airport Way) SuC:
- 10 total plugs
- 6 chargers at 150 kW shared
- 4 at 250 kW

9CA10C15-D2DE-4B01-96DA-B338349E3A3E.jpeg

344BF4CC-5A7A-44EF-95A8-F14D8847A5E0.jpeg

D08BD949-CC05-4154-9132-A1A68B9492C7.jpeg
739C1F83-8542-4162-9338-2BBF291D193F.jpeg

such an odd setup to have a non used stalls in that layout that seems to be a temporary/portable design. Something tells me this isn't the final layout. I've not seen a supercharger setup configured this way yet.

These are palletized, "temporary" Superchargers. They have three stalls per cabinet but usually only two get used. The reason is ease of installation, allowing them to be placed in any orientation and serve two vehicles. The Aiea, Hawaii location uses this same setup in a permanent (?) installation and allows charging from all three stalls on each pallet, with two cars backing in, and one car parallel parking on the other side.

Just wanted to send out a warning about this location.

Chargers 4A and 4B are out of order, but the real problem is that Hertz is using this location to charge their Model 3s from the airport. There is nearly a continuous line, and several cars that (judging by the 2-hour old snow accumulation on the cars) have been idle for several hours. I would advise against using this location.

Reactions: coltspackers

Chargers 4A and 4B are out of order, but the real problem is that Hertz is using this location to charge their Model 3s from the airport. There is nearly a continuous line, and several cars that (judging by the 2-hour old snow accumulation on the cars) have been idle for several hours. I would advise against using this location.

That's bull! I don't use the Superchargers very often, but don't they charge idle time?

Reactions: coltspackers

Pena and 46th street is much needed

While it's possible that cars are sitting idle, it could also be slow charging. I've recently seen charging rates capping at about 26 kW on multiple occasions--even on pre-conditioned, mostly discharged batteries. This station has been very problematic for a while.

I optimistically posted in August when the 4 new 250 kW plugs went in, but things went downhill quickly.