Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dedham, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm guessing it's seasonally designed as a high use supercharger - probably the last month of every quarter?
I can't speak for more recent quarters, but the SLC supercharger had "reduced service" at the end of last year during that crazy delivery push. The superchargers all were working fine, but since the superchargers are in the SLC Tesla store's parking lot, the employees were using most of them to charge up the Model 3's that were about to be delivered, hence "reduced service".

These days the SLC charger is just swamped all the time regardless of EoQ or not.

Living in Walpole, a few towns south of Dedham, I'd been noticing a lot of Teslas being shuttled northbound on Rt. 1 in Norwood carrying dealer/mfg plates in the typical temporary, trunk/hatch plate holder. I noticed a bit later that Tesla is using a large lot at Sunbird Transportation off of Union St. on the Walpole/Norwood line for inventory storage. Before that Dedham Tesla had been using the closed Buick dealership on Rt. 1 in Norwood and before that the old Dazell Volvo site directly across Rt. 1 from Tesla in Dedham. There had been talk that Tesla was going to move south to a larger location, but I guess that never happened after Peabody and Warwick opened. Still, it must be a royal pain to send drivers down to Walpole all day for inventory retrieval. It seems like I see them moving inventory nearly every time I'm on Rt. 1, so they must be moving a lot of cars. It almost seems as if it would make sense for them to get a small car carrier, bwdik?

Has anyone heard anything about future plans for this store/service center?

The Dedham location pin on tesla.com/findus has mysteriously recentered on Hingham instead of Dedham. It shows up in the mobile app this way too.

Not sure how it shows in car as I've not looked there myself yet.
IMG_9134.jpeg

1674658793301.png

Reactions: jlv1
Possible expansion plans for the Dedham service center (no indication of expansion or closure of the supercharger so far):

• Informative
Reactions: EdA
There is another Supercharger installation under construction (or maybe complete by now?) further north on Providence Highway, near the Dedham/West Roxbury line (in the parking lot near Chick-Filet). Maybe the data entry for that was mis-located?

There is another Supercharger installation under construction (or maybe complete by now?) further north on Providence Highway, near the Dedham/West Roxbury line (in the parking lot near Chick-Filet). Maybe the data entry for that was mis-located?
The thought crossed my mind as it is a 12 stall site. But that site isn't close enough to completion to have Tesla making incorrect data changes (I hope). If they finger fumbled I would think Dedham would now be showing as 250kw.

• Helpful
Reactions: kayak1 and David29