Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Supercharger - Chemult, OR - US-97 (under construction April 2024, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I always really liked the Big Sur chargers for scenic parking:
1715538981364.png

There's also a supercharger in Europe somewhere that's on a grass field, but I couldn't find it with a quick search.

I think the Tillamook supercharger just has a little asphalt pad that covers the actual charging stalls and little else. I assumed they were gonna do something similar for this one, but who knows? Maybe keep it gravel to feel more rustic lol

I charge at the Tillamook SC all the time and you are correct. It doesn't affect the operation of the site(obviously) but you really do need to watch your speed and watch for potholes after leaving the paved road. And it is several hundred yards/meters of gravel before getting to the chargers.

Where the chargers seem to be located for Chemult, even if they left them "rustic" you wouldn't have to drive as far on the gravel!

PXL_20221207_220908807.jpg

Anybody have any tricks to figure out what’s next on this one? Are they waiting for utility hookup? This site is especially impactful for me so I’m kind of impatient.
Usually the installation of the utility transformer is the main hold up. Can’t see one from the pictures yet. Even then there are several under construction that have transformers for several months. Maybe waiting on inspections or the Tesla sc team chaos to get sorted. I’m just hoping for a late summer trip I would like to take.

Reactions: mongot
So I guess we have our answer on the gravel/paving situation. Looks like those concrete pads will be the paving and the rest of the lot will stay as it is. Also, looks like all the stalls are pull-through then, judging by the concrete on both ends and what looks like arrows on the far set?
Interesting observation. Assuming that these are V4s could they be the first pull-through V4s? Not sure I've seen any in the ones I've been to or seen pictures of.