Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buttonwillow, CA - Cal Club Rd. (LIVE Sep 2022, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Along with Laguna Seca, these are designed to support racing amd track days. Once the infrastructure for the second track is complete, these will probably be behind a pay gate. Now they are not but it appears they can be turned on and off at will, contrary to the 24/7 listing on the find us map.

1664332588751.png

Noticed this location listed as "reduced service" this weekend Friday-Sunday so stopped by for a peek. Pleasantly surprised to see that it's paved from the main street access. Now showing "temporary closure" in the nav on Monday. My theory on this one is that it is only turned on during holiday weekends and Tesla Corsa event weekends.

20221113_195944.jpg

That would be strange, hasn't Kettleman City 2 been open constantly since they paved it? Why limit supercharger availability to race days. Don't want the hoi polloi getting used to charging at a race car charger? Put it in the pit then

That would be strange, hasn't Kettleman City 2 been open constantly since they paved it? Why limit supercharger availability to race days. Don't want the hoi polloi getting used to charging at a race car charger? Put it in the pit then
It is in the pit paddock. At least it will be when the second track is finished being built. SC construction has outpaced track construction so we get this weird situation for a year or two.

1668579669531.png

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
Tesla website and app as well as Plugshare show this spot open 24/7
Supercharge.info says track use only

Could be a useful stop for an upcoming trip from Santa Clarita to Monterey in my 2018 Model 3 performance with 11% battery degradation. Would make the crossover to Paso Robles less stressful. Otherwise, I'll just continue north to Kettleman.
Anyone know if it really is open 24/7 ?

I am not a racer, my LR RWD is as much car as I ever wanna drive. My old cars would have bad shocks and I would drive them like that for years not really aware of issues with the handling. Often don't know I have worn the tread thru to steel until someone points it out. We got a VW Bus at the factory in Wolfsburg when I was 4 and I drove in that for the first 1/3rd of my life, couldn't get that thing going 55 MPH driving down a mountain. All my friends growing up drove Dodge Challengers and the ilk, but I could get all of them at once into my bus.

Did anyone pay attention to the SpC during the race? It's now paved, perhaps it'll stay open even when races are not going.