Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got an email back from Gwenen at the service center. She says both Trevor and David will be there 10AM Oct 17 for the scheduled opening and anyone is free to attend.

Still no official invite from Tesla. Seems weird to me, since the is the first supercharger in the state!

Still no official invite from Tesla. Seems weird to me, since the is the first supercharger in the state!
From trading a few emails with David after chatting in person yesterday, sounds like it is HQ being extra cautious to ensure that everything is lined up and working. Apparently there is still a tiny bit of uncertainty on the utility company side of the install. So, no "official" email from Tesla HQ until they get their certainly of working SC up to 100%

Seems like if they are 2 days out and still uncertain, they should officially delay the public event into next week instead of allowing the Oct 17th date to spread like a rumor. Being the first supercharger in NC will get some media attention. It would be a shame if it flopped.

Just got the official invitation from Tesla about the opening next Tuesday. The email includes an RSVP link to indicate how many guests you're bringing as well.

Screen Shot 2013-10-16 at 2.18.52 PM.png

Good news everyone! The Supercharger is operational! ... I think.

image_9369.jpg

I stopped by a little after 8AM this morning. Tesla's contracted electrician was there tearing down the barricade. He asked me if I wanted to charge, since the station was operational! He told me Tesla was on site last night charging cars at each station and testing everything out.

Unfortunately, my car refused to charge. It could see voltage, and popped up the message that charging would start momentarily. Then it stopped and popped up an error to try reseating the plug. I tried this a few times, and also tried a different charger. No juice. I called Tesla support, but the site isn't even in their support systems yet so the rep couldn't log into it to do any diagnostics.

I suspect there is something wrong with my car more than the site. I had charging problems when I first received the car back in July and had to have the AC charging hardware replaced. This is the first time I've tried supercharging. I figure I'll try again in a few days when the site is official, or at the opening event. If I still have problems I'll follow up with the SC. If anyone else successfully charges, please post!

EDIT: Oh, one thing... apparently they painted the lines wrong. If you back into a stall aim for the white line. :) The guy that was there this AM was working on getting someone out there to fix it.