Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burley, ID

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry it took so long to get back on this. We flew out on vacation on Thursday July 4, when my friend was going to check on this, so I didn't have the best availability to get back on the forum to respond.
He said he drove all around those parking lots and still didn't see any signs of construction on anything there, so looks like still no progress.

Vacation was Australia. Interesting factoid: the national coat of arms of the country has a kangaroo and an emu, and Australia seems to be about the only country where they don't prohibit eating the national animals on the coat of arms. So just to try it, we got the "Coat of Arms" pizza at a place in Sydney that is half kangaroo and half emu. Also got a crocodile pizza too.

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian
Sorry it took so long to get back on this. We flew out on vacation on Thursday July 4, when my friend was going to check on this, so I didn't have the best availability to get back on the forum to respond.
He said he drove all around those parking lots and still didn't see any signs of construction on anything there, so looks like still no progress.

Vacation was Australia. Interesting factoid: the national coat of arms of the country has a kangaroo and an emu, and Australia seems to be about the only country where they don't prohibit eating the national animals on the coat of arms. So just to try it, we got the "Coat of Arms" pizza at a place in Sydney that is half kangaroo and half emu. Also got a crocodile pizza too.

The UK does not ban eating lions or unicorns.

I don't see that as very certain. We've been asking for an update on this since December 2018, and the original poster has not even checked in to respond in any way, so I would think he or she has not been back to check in on this thread to say "no progress" or anything. And furthermore, it was a secondhand report from a "friend/client/cousin-in-law", so that may not have come back around through another meeting and conversation again to get that information back through the chain of people to here yet.

Hey guys. Sorry I haven’t updated in a long time. I’m on reddit more than here. I actually drive by here 2-3 times a month and there just hasn’t been much to report. This one kind of got put in the backburner I’m guessing with all the v3 switchover stuff. I had a tech out of Boise and a showroom person in SLC both tell me a lot of supercharger building has been put on hold while they try to make enough v3 equipment. Anyway, I just took this pic today where they’ve resurfaced the lot where the chargers are going to be. I texted my contact to see if he’s heard anything. If I do I’ll report back. Sorry, I’ll try to be better about checking in. And definitely will when I see some actual progress.

Attachments

• E54742A0-94F4-42FB-ADDF-034CDCC6E2F6.jpeg
    E54742A0-94F4-42FB-ADDF-034CDCC6E2F6.jpeg
    419.9 KB · Views: 146
Reactions: chargeshare
Just a quick update since I heard back. They're waiting on a Ross store to approve it since it's technically at the other end of the parking lot included with the space they're leasing in the mall. Seems to be the only hold up right now. They just resurfaced the parking lot and have new lines painted where the stalls would be, but no construction has started.

Nice clean slate to work with, LOL.

Going [Tremont > Twin] there always seems to be a headwind situation which freaks me out. Thus I arrive at Burley with enough overage to haul all the way to Twin at 80 mph along with everyone else. :D
--

Hello! Anyone know of any progress on this supercharger?
Good news! I don’t know what held this one up so much but the property owner just called me and they’re breaking ground today and starting construction. I don’t know how these get updated to supercharge.info because it doesn’t show a permit yet but they’ve got to have that all ready if construction has started.
I’m going down there tonight. I’ll grab some pics and post them.

Now added to supercharge.info. I used the co-ordinates that @chargeshare mentioned earlier in the thread, I assume those are correct - call out if not!
I just looked at that, seems like it’s the wrong part of the parking lot. This should be more accurate. It’s the spots on the south east side of the lot, to the left nearest the entrance.
(42.5615895, -113.7902606)

Awesome news. With the Cyber truck coming out next year as well as the MY (assuming it will get a tow hitch), it will be increasingly important to keep sc gaps to less than about 120 miles since towing just about anything cuts your range in half at freeway speeds.

Reactions: upinatem
I was just at the Ontario, OR construction site and talked to the guys there who are doing the electrical. They are going next to Burley to complete the install there. It's a company from Gig Harbor, WA. He said Ontario and Burley would be ready before the end of March. They have at least 6 sites he rattled off that they have contracts on. So lots of progress in the NW.

Surely you took note of the other 4. Please share with us!

Yeah I'm kicking myself for not paying attention closely. Cuz I heard Burley in there and then zoned out on the rest of his list.

He did make a comment about getting an initial group in the first contract and then as they finish one another gets added into the contract. Also said that Elon (as if he was his personal friend!) wants them spaced at 50 mile intervals. He didn't say where though so I'll assume along I-84. Then we talked about costs to charge and whether Tesla was doing leases. The owner of the shop wants a Cybertruck.