Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brattleboro, VT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would it help if the Official Tesla signs emphasized that the spots are not for parking, but for active charging only?

It doesn't matter. Parking, charging, etc., haters will be haters. It doesn't matter that we're trying to push the world to be more green, remove our dependence on oil, and that the $70-$120k cars are making it possible for the $35k car to exist. It just doesn't matter, you can't use logic with people who act this way. Perception is 90% of reality.

This doesn't mean that I don't put up a good fight. :)

It doesn't matter. Parking, charging, etc., haters will be haters. It doesn't matter that we're trying to push the world to be more green, remove our dependence on oil, and that the $70-$120k cars are making it possible for the $35k car to exist. It just doesn't matter, you can't use logic with people who act this way. Perception is 90% of reality.

This doesn't mean that I don't put up a good fight. :)

What he said

To be fair, I have used this charging site a bit and have never seen another car there at the same time. It has never been ICE'd either.

Additionally, I have been waved to, been given a thumbs up several times and have even been photographed by one curious onlooker while I was charging. I have never experienced a negative reaction while there.

Just thought the sign was odd. It is also fairly high on the light post so a ladder was required to install. I doubt it was a group of high school kids but I guess if they had time on their hands...

Impossible to tell whether this sign was designed to be mean-spirited, humorous, or both. The pranksters are certainly getting the attention they desired.

Andrewket makes a good point concerning Tesla's long term goal of bringing affordable EVs to the masses. The perpetrators should also be aware that this SC location is good for the local Brattleboro economy.

Last edited:
Pooh.
Just stick this one under there:

Proclamatory Placard - Please Peruse, Pronto

Parking Privilege in Proximity to Proprietary Pumping Ports
is Provided by our Praiseworthy Partner, Price Chopper
and is Pursuant to Prior Purchase of Plan Participation,
or Possession of Premium Power-Pack Profile

John

Next time, skip the supercharger and park in the Brattleboro Garage on Flat street - they have 2 80amp chargers and 2-3 blocks away is Whetstone Station Restaurant and Brewery - they have great food and you can get 50-100 miles of range while you eat and then stop off at the supercharger for another 15 minutes before you leave ;-)

http://www.whetstonestation.com

Aaron

Reactions: tga
John

Next time, skip the supercharger and park in the Brattleboro Garage on Flat street - they have 2 80amp chargers and 2-3 blocks away is Whetstone Station Restaurant and Brewery - they have great food and you can get 50-100 miles of range while you eat and then stop off at the supercharger for another 15 minutes before you leave ;-)

http://www.whetstonestation.com

Aaron

Sounds like a good plan, but if you are an Obsessive Optimizer like me, do the Supercharger session first. You get a faster charge rate on the Supercharger with a lower State of Charge in the Tesla battery. An 80 Amp EVSE will not hit it's limit until the last 5% or so of the SoC.

Yet another reason I should install a second charger, huh? I've gone for $100 hamburgers but $2,000 beers may be a bit much :biggrin:

John

I got my car with only a single charger installed. In the summer of 2013, when I realized a fair amount of Tesla HPWC's were being installed at malls & service centers (even before the deistnation charging program started) I realized I could benefit greatly from having the second charger installed - and I did it that summer - YES - for the $3600.

Paid for itself in convenience of half the charging time when visiting Boston and a few other places - in 6 months. For the today price of $2000 I wouldn't even hesitate!

Aaron

Now that Green Mountain Power has been revealed as one of three Powerwall partners, it makes sense how quick the utility was to do their part to open the Brattleboro Supercharger.

In the same light, I'm a bit surprised they chose West Lebanon, NH over GMP's territory in White River Junction, though there were obviously other factors in play.

John

I got my car with only a single charger installed. In the summer of 2013, when I realized a fair amount of Tesla HPWC's were being installed at malls & service centers (even before the deistnation charging program started) I realized I could benefit greatly from having the second charger installed - and I did it that summer - YES - for the $3600.

Paid for itself in convenience of half the charging time when visiting Boston and a few other places - in 6 months. For the today price of $2000 I wouldn't even hesitate!

Aaron

It adds 300 lbs of weight right? Also with the SC networking growing so fast, I am still holding out. Last night I charged at 40A on a Tesla HPWC for 3 hours in Barnard, VT. Almost wished I had the twins with me, but a few hours cant hurt.

It adds 300 lbs of weight right? Also with the SC networking growing so fast, I am still holding out. Last night I charged at 40A on a Tesla HPWC for 3 hours in Barnard, VT. Almost wished I had the twins with me, but a few hours cant hurt.

300 lb? Where did you get that number?

I don't have a spec, but my intelligent guess would bet that the second charger adds about 50 lbs.

I have dual chargers on both of my MS's, and have been very happy with the time saved on many trips.