Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bloomsburg, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Make sure you guys post the pictures here! Sad I'll be missing it.
I'll be sure to take my 'real' camera so that I can hopefully get some good shots of everyone (cars and people)!

I love my little Olympus M4/3 camera.;)

Current list of attendees:

• Half Dollar Bill
  • madodel
  • JSergeant
  • MMC-
  • Saghost - MAYBE
  • Lanny
  • Thinkje
  • NevynPA (me)

Last edited:
Unofficial ribbon cutting at Bloomsburg, PA Superchargers.

IMG_0949.JPG

Sorry guys, going to miss this one. A number of us are going to be at the Back Creek Garage in Middletown checking out a model "X".
We will be looking at the wiring of the "X" so we can install the next generation of the lighted appliqué.
Oooh, that sounds like fun! I totally would have loved to join in on that.

I had a great time and enjoyed meeting you all! I'll get my pics up and available to you all tomorrow (hopefully).

This is one of the least useful locations for a supercharger; only 65 miles from Tannersville, and at least 25 miles off the PA-99 north-south route. It's one thing to add more SCs where the basics already exist, and quite another to squander one before a major route like I-80 is even established. I'm sure local cooperation had a lot to do with it, but, but, but. There are other considerations!

This is one of the least useful locations for a supercharger; only 65 miles from Tannersville, and at least 25 miles off the PA-99 north-south route. It's one thing to add more SCs where the basics already exist, and quite another to squander one before a major route like I-80 is even established. I'm sure local cooperation had a lot to do with it, but, but, but. There are other considerations!

This location is 10 minutes from my childhood home which is way out in the country. I can't believe there's a Supercharger there. It's really great for people in the area.

But ... looks like issue was only installation sequence.

P.S. now that I 80 is filled in this is a great location. I use I476 from Philly metro so Tannersville is too far east. Allentown too close to home. Bellefonte a tad too far away in a snowstorm. I've used this charger three times in two trips to my Mom now in Indiana.

• Informative
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
I agree it is useless if you are traveling south on I 99. I would love if they put one at the Wegmans in Williamsport. It is hard to believe there is not one in Williamsport especially for the Little League World Series and all of us traveling South on I99 to DC, Carolinas and Florida. It would make the trip much more convent.

November 16 at 9:28 AM.

After using high top shoes to kick snow away was able to reach charger.
Is this a common occurrence?
Should I be packing my emergency shovel for next winter trip?

View attachment 355000
View attachment 355002

Edit: typo

Yes, winter conditions will require some forethought.

The real issue is the design of the SC "tower". The cable is made short for aesthetic purposes but could have been made longer for usability reasons of reaching a slightly longer distance. The tower looks good but the reach of the cable is limited.

The real issue is the design of the SC "tower". The cable is made short for aesthetic purposes but could have been made longer for usability reasons of reaching a slightly longer distance. The tower looks good but the reach of the cable is limited.
Its not for aesthetic reasons. If they were to make it longer they'd need to up the wire gauge, and they are already massive cables.

• Informative
Reactions: madodel