Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Tallahassee, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the crew shooting pics of the car while you shoot the construction site? LOL

This is a very important east-west gap to fill on I-10 from Florida to Texas. When Tallahassee is done, only Siidell, LA will remain for I-10 to be a great Supercharger Highway along the Gulf Coast.

I just shipped an adapter to Rouses Market in NOLA for Tesla drivers' use with their Free CHAdeMO unit. The idea is to help with that gap until Slidell LA is on line, and it'll still be a good Destination DCFC after!

6AM to Midnight you can borrow the adapter from the store by leaving them your Keyfob.

Last edited:
I think I'm the good luck charm... every time I plan a trip, it seems a new SC opens up just in time. I've been thinking about driving to Austin TX so...yw!

Lol

Hi Christal,

Now that we know the secret, how about planning trips to Jacksonville and Miami. :biggrin:

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Is the crew shooting pics of the car while you shoot the construction site? LOL.

I didn't take the picture, one of our local club members took it a few hours ago.

It certainly looks to me that one of the crew is posing with our club member's car while other members of the crew take his picture.

Larry

Here's Google's street view of the Supercharger spaces.

Tallahassee Supercharger 5.jpg

The street in the foreground is Village Square Boulevard.

Larry

You are very welcome!

Great news on this location. Thanks for the pictures!!

This is a very important east-west gap to fill on I-10 from Florida to Texas. When Tallahassee is done, only Siidell, LA will remain for I-10 to be a great Supercharger Highway along the Gulf Coast.

Having just made the trip to Dallas and back to Sarasota I couldn't agree more! Even in an 85 the 65 mph required is tedious at best.

This is fantastic!! I'll be up there in a couple of weeks for the FSU v USF football game. I will definitely stop by to take a few pix. It probably will not be ready for this year's football season, but next year will be great. It will also be much easier to get to Panama City FL to visit my grandmother!

And who knows, there might be a trip to New Orleans in my future. Or maybe we need to have a convoy to Austin with Chris.

Tallahassee Supercharger

My mother and father-in-law live across the street in the Kilearn subdivision. I just spoke to my Father-In-Law this evening and he stated that he observed the construction in progress but did not know what the construction was intended to be. Now that he knows he will be keeping me informed as to the progress. I have kindly asked him to take a picture once a week showing the progess. If he sends us any pictures I will post the progress shots. I am hoping for a completion by Thanksgiving...that's when I'll be visiting! I did note a post by another member hoping for a completion in October so all we can do is hope for a smooth construction process.

I can not provide a completion date nor can anyone except God but based on my construction experience I would anticipate a competion date by Sept. 30th.

My mother and father-in-law live across the street in the Kilearn subdivision. I just spoke to my Father-In-Law this evening and he stated that he observed the construction in progress but did not know what the construction was intended to be. Now that he knows he will be keeping me informed as to the progress. I have kindly asked him to take a picture once a week showing the progess. If he sends us any pictures I will post the progress shots. I am hoping for a completion by Thanksgiving...that's when I'll be visiting! I did note a post by another member hoping for a completion in October so all we can do is hope for a smooth construction process.

I can not provide a completion date nor can anyone except God but based on my construction experience I would anticipate a competion date by Sept. 30th.

Hi Brett,

Welcome to the forums.

Thanks, any photos would be great.

Larry

Easily the most anticipated Supercharger in my personal request list. That stretch of I-10 from Tallahassee to Mobile is one of the worst driving experiences in the country. I just can't imagine driving it at 60 mph to conserve electrons. Thank you Tesla (and Cottonwood for the advance notice, and everyone else for the pics and verification!)

I just can't imagine driving it at 60 mph to conserve electrons. Thank you Tesla (and Cottonwood for the advance notice, and everyone else for the pics and verification!)

I drove from Defuniak to Lake City on June 5th. I drafted 18 wheelers doing about 70 mph and made it with about 20 miles left. It will be great when the Tallahassee SC goes online. I will be making another trip next year from Austin TX to Southern Florida and not having to draft 18 wheelers will be safer.

EXCITED!

I can't tell you how excited I am to see pictures! This is EXACTLY where I imagined the SC should go and sent emails to the team to that effect. I recently heard they may be putting it at the new Tallahassee Mall on Monroe street and that was the delay, for that renovation to be complete. But to put it in Killearn, in front of Steinmart and Homegoods is my dream location!:biggrin:

I can't tell you how excited I am to see pictures! This is EXACTLY where I imagined the SC should go and sent emails to the team to that effect. I recently heard they may be putting it at the new Tallahassee Mall on Monroe street and that was the delay, for that renovation to be complete. But to put it in Killearn, in front of Steinmart and Homegoods is my dream location!:biggrin:

Hi Bev,

It looks like you'll be stimulating the local economy. :biggrin:

To be clear for others, the Supercharger Station is in the Village Commons Shopping Center in the Killearn area. That is a 9 minute walk from the the Killearn Shopping Center.

Larry