Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Super Heavy/Starship - General Development Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NSF stream shows tank farm is active.

6C060BE2-2B6F-44A9-BB67-7CA2F45F5E63.jpeg

And booster prop loading has begun. I assume it starts ahead of loading the ship because the booster has to be able to support the weight of a ship + propellant so it needs to be pressurized and have some mass in the tanks. The ship’s tanks are smaller than the boosters so it can start filling after the booster is partially filled. Will have to watch the frost lines on the booster and the ship to see the sequence and proportions.

64A9499D-A765-4DA1-A3B2-80E1FA6D8E2D.jpeg

Will they do a countdown to T - 20 ?
I don’t know when they will stop the count, but my guess is that the objective is to reach the point where the internal flight computers take over, which I think on the F9 is at T-1:00. But for this first WDR they may well stop before then. It’s a bit frustrating for interested outsiders like us because SpaceX is not revealing where they are in the count.

Booster prop load looks essentially complete and ship loading is getting close, maybe?

32FACDC7-2E96-495D-87A7-04AD63F1A3BE.jpeg

I actually had a dream the other day (honestly) that SpaceX is doing a full wet rehearsal and then the countdown for some reason does not stop.. keeps going down to T-50 to T-10 and there is extreme panic in the control room. Musk says let it go. And the engines fire.. and I woke up cursing this is going to be a disaster. It took a few seconds for me to realize I was only dreaming..

my nervous self thinks, a full static fire test of all engines... will knock off some concrete from the pad and send the bits hurtling across ...
That is why SpaceX recently completed construction of a huge concrete covered berm between the OLM and the GSE tank farm.

Whatever happens when all 33 Raptors light up, it is going to be spectacular!