Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon Feature Awesomeness

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just want to share an awesome edge use case experience I had with the summon feature.

I drive to a central parking lot then take the bus to work on a daily basis. On a particular day last week I was late and saw the bus starting to leave from the far end of the lot towards me just as I entered into the lot myself. I rush parked as fast as I could and didn't notice my car was over 1/2 the way outside the parking space!

I ran down towards the bus and only realized my mistake as I was getting on and started to freak out. Thinking my choices were either get off and finish parking, thus be late for work or risk someone hitting my car. Then thought... wait, SUMMON!!!

I got to my seat and pulled up the app and the second the bus passed by my car I pressed "forward" and parked the car to the perfect parking position. Never thought summon would be so handy in saving my morning!

Below is a recreation of where my car was pre and post summon indicated by arrows, from roughly the spot where I sat when I activated it.

6rHp6x6B5xv.png