Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestions For Model 3P Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's time to replace the OEM tires on my 2022 Model 3 Performance.

I live in Charlotte, NC and use the car around town, trips to the NC mountains and trips out west to NM, UT, AZ and CO. I don't drive into heavy snow or roads that haven't been plowed and have been happy with summer performance tires.

Tirerack is suggesting MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4S or PIRELLI P ZERO (PZ4). Does anyone have experience that would recommend one tire over the other or other tire suggestions? I've searched through the forum and haven't found any real consensus.

Thanks.

Of those two, the stock Pirelli with Elect marking will be notably more efficient than the Michelin but not have as good grip.

If you're OK with summer, then try the new Hankook iON EVO summer (not the AS!). Code is IK01, not IH01 btw. They are not yet on Discount Tire website but should be orderable now.

In a EU test, they equaled Michelin Pilot Sport 5 in most performance aspects while significantly exceeded in low rolling resistance.

Myself I would take the Hankook iON AS for mileage warranty and road trip comfort and best efficiency though turning performance will be less sharp. Lots of discussion here.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
they equaled Michelin Pilot Sport 5 in most performance aspects while significantly exceeded in low rolling resistance.
Just so everyone knows- the Pilot Sport 5 is a replacement for the Pilot Sport 4, not the Pilot Sport 4S (which is what used to come on the M3P). A Pilot Sport 5 will be signifigantly less grippy than a 4S or a Pirelli Pzero, but will last longer and be more comfortable.

Pilot Sport S 5 will be the Pilot Sport 4S replacement when it eventually comes out, but it does not exist in North America right now.

So do not expect that because the Hankook Evo did great against the 4 or 5 that it will compare to the 4S.