Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sudden Unexpected Acceleration today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Relatedly, I wonder if it'd be worth setting up a 'Car Wash' driver profile which is configured to use "Roll" mode if your primary one is in "Hold" mode, or if you still have to be in Park to make that mode transition.

Good idea...mode should also turn auto-wipers off. But, you do have to be in "Park" to switch stopping mode.

Reactions: DopeGhoti
Why not just put it in NEUTRAL? This would avoid the problem of accidentally putting it in Cruise Control

Avoid the problem of accidently...?

I don't have the problem of accidently doing anything of the kind.

Why would that be a problem?

I pull in in drive....and at the end.....I step on the accelerator and just go. Why would I have to press the stalk?

um... you did say this, right?

The only un-intended acceleration my car has ever showed me is when I was going through a car wash.....in drive ( roll mode ) and I forgot it was already in drive at the end and I hit the stalk to put it in drive - and it went into cruise control which was set for 35mph.

So you did NOT accidentally put it in cruise control???

I'm curious, do Teslas have the brake and accelerator closer to each other than other manufacturers?

Now that I think back, the first time I drove an S and was trying to bring it back into the garage, I accidentally hit the acceleration instead of the brake. Luckily, no contact was made as I quickly corrected the issue.
This a story about an incident that happened before most of you even a twinkle in your parents eyes. A grade school friend of mine’s mother hit the gas instead of the brake in reverse. She hit and killed a state trooper on a motorcycle. 10 years in prison. This stuff happens.