Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stolen number plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had my number plates stolen this morning from around the cakemore area of Blackheath/oldbury near Birmingham

Looks like they've just pulled the whole mount straight off the front and back..

Just a warning out there to everyone, make sure pin to drive is enabled, and you have sentry mode on..

Unfortunately I didn't have sentry on so didn't catch the scummy little motherlovers in the act!!

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
When I had plates on a previous car stolen I swapped my registration to a plate that I had on retention. That effectively invalidated my old stolen plates so most importantly I would not get chased by any infringement that may have been committed and second, it would be easier for the car with the stolen plates to be identified via ANPR etc. I didn't swap them back until I traded that car in many years later. I thought it rather funny driving a Smart car with Jaguar F type personalised plates!

Ulez.

They maybe stealing ev plates to use on their vehicles, to not pay the charge, but also to not raise awareness.

If they slap them on their van but drive as normal and carefully. Nothing will get alerted. You lost some plates but you won't know a thing unless they get caught speeding, some type of PCN or get pulled over.

It could be a risk they take to save £12 a day, 5 day's a week. Especially if your job needs the van to do work.

If they slap them on their van but drive as normal and carefully. Nothing will get alerted. You lost some plates but you won't know a thing unless they get caught speeding, some type of PCN or get pulled over.
Would be surprised if there is not the ability to either check colour or type of vehicle and the ANPR data also if there was a van with a green plate that clearly had an exhaust probably would raise a lot of suspicion tbh!

Would be surprised if there is not the ability to either check colour or type of vehicle and the ANPR data also if there was a van with a green plate that clearly had an exhaust probably would raise a lot of suspicion tbh!
Very true about the Camera checking car model and colour. Forgot they could do that.

The Green stripe is easy to remove. Options - 1. Cut it off and do the same on other side the same width. 2. Spray it blue and slap a UK flag on it. 3. slap an Irish flag sticker on it!

I have seen a few (not many) cars that have this green strip on that are not even plug in hybrids (Toyotas!!!!)

Reactions: Rooster6655