Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stock breakpads, anyone had to replace yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is probably right, but something that is also possible is that you are not using the brakes ENOUGH. Teslas are notorious for rusting rotors making a lot of noise. This is an indicator that you are doing it right.;)

Fun fact is the Model 3 has a new rotor design to combat this. It is referenced that special anti-corrosion materials were used in the rotors to avoid them from rusting due to how little use they get.

• Informative
Reactions: BerTX
Ordered some fresh pads from unplugged so I have them on hand. I did some hard breaking yesterday and I think it might have been rust/dirt. I don't have a jack so I'll have to get in and have the stock pads checked when the new ones arrive.

Guys who do track days ought to invest in a floor jack and some wrenches for taking wheels off.

I'm not a big car guy. Does anyone have a recommendation for after market breakpads that are more performance oriented for the 18 inch wheels? Is there a ceramic pad that is recommended?

Both Mountain Pass and Unplugged sell brake pads for the 18" wheel, take your pick! Note that the ones shown here are 'Sport' pads and not full-on 'Track' pads. If you want something more aggressive (like me) i'd suggest emailing them as they can do custom things.

Unplugged is getting some more aggressive pads for me in the next week or two.

Products | Mountain Pass Performance
Unplugged Performance Sport Brake Pad Set for Tesla Model 3

Both Mountain Pass and Unplugged sell brake pads for the 18" wheel, take your pick! Note that the ones shown here are 'Sport' pads and not full-on 'Track' pads. If you want something more aggressive (like me) i'd suggest emailing them as they can do custom things.

Unplugged is getting some more aggressive pads for me in the next week or two.

Products | Mountain Pass Performance
Unplugged Performance Sport Brake Pad Set for Tesla Model 3

Are there different sets that work with the model 3 that aren't model 3 specific? The reason I'm asking is because model 3 specific after market upgrades currently havea huge markup compared to even Model S and X after market parts. Alot of times they go out of stock pretty fast.

Now you've done it.

tenor.gif

Reactions: voip-ninja