Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am 6'4 with long legs and have to put the seat all the way back and have the steering wheel all the way out and all the way down to get it as close to me as possible.. My steering wheel does not extend far enough, so I need another couple inches to make me not have to constantly reach for the wheel / drive holding the bottom of the wheel where I can reach it better.

It looks like the Tesla shares the same wheel with the newer Mercedez C class models
Two species of luxury vehicles: old-world Mercedes C300 compared to new-age Tesla Model 3
The steering wheel key looks the same
Genuine OEM Mercedes C300 recycled Auto parts - 2016 steering wheel online. TLS Auto Recycling.

Need something like this it looks like.
Steering Wheel Extender

Does anyone have any ideas or leads on a way to get this steering wheel extended? I've scoured the web and emailed a few aftermarket steering wheel companies with no luck.

I'm in a similar boat... short legs, short arms, very long torso. So I have to recline the seat to fit, and need the wheel extended to reach it.

I found the Model 3 steering column adjustment is way better than our previous cars, and I don't need to run it all the way out. What car did you drive before?

-J

Reactions: beachmiles
I'd contact the company in the link you shared, share your story, and see if they are willing to make one for you are start offering them for sale in quantity. You could also find someone local to create something and try to get a group buy going to reduce costs. But the main problem could be how much slack in the wiring is available to handle the extra length required.

Some of the Tesla aftermarket companies might also be willing to create something for you as well since they are likely looking for new items to offer.

Reactions: beachmiles
I'm in a similar boat... short legs, short arms, very long torso. So I have to recline the seat to fit, and need the wheel extended to reach it.

I found the Model 3 steering column adjustment is way better than our previous cars, and I don't need to run it all the way out. What car did you drive before?

-J
I had a 2005 infinity g35 which was maybe slightly better than the M3 for my frame.
If I raise the seat high enough in the M3 I can get in more of a sitting position and I can reach the wheel ok but my long legs get cramped real quick because as you raise the seat it unfortunatly also angles the seat towards the front.