Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Start the clock on my MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First road-trip this weekend, from northern VA to northeast PA. Car performed beautifully and I’ve found confidence in the rated range estimate. Made one small mistake and didn’t fully charge the car before leaving VA, only got it to about 240 miles. When we pulled into our PA driveway I only had 15 miles left and the battery was in the brown zone. To top it off, there’s a series of three mountain passes to get over before getting into the Wyoming Valley and the battery was in the brown zone as we were getting over the last one; just a little bit of range anxiety. The neat things about the mountains though – getting in to the green zone on the energy graph on the downslope. Didn't expect the graph to change colors so that was a nice experience.

I had to drive an ICE while in PA and had a few Tesla moments, most memorable being getting out of the car and walking away without turning it off or taking the keys. Got to the end of the parking lot before realizing the mistake and turned around, laughing all the way back to the car.

Also had a few interesting conversations with family during the trip. Most memorable one of those was with my sister where I opined that if our other ICE car were to die unexpectedly right now, I would probably try to buy another MS to replace the ICE. There’s no way I would have said that three months ago and we’ve only had the MS for a month now, but it’s just so easy to drive and so fun to drive and such a special feeling while driving it that I think it would take a considerable effort to talk me out of it. I’ve never had that kind of a relationship with a car.

I was a bit smarter on the way home. Fully charged the vehicle and tried to stick to the speed limits instead of doing a flat 55. The car was even more fun being able to drive at speed on the posted 65 stretches. No range anxiety and pulled in my driveway with 30 miles left on the range estimate.

This is truly a wonderful car. No regrets and still grinning!