Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Oil , the Rockefellers, Tesla and Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

azred

Apr 12, 2016
Chandler, AZ
Those of us who have had Teslas for a long time wondered at various times if Tesla would survive. There were lots of people here that predicted Tesla’s long term future would be in energy not manufacturing cars. As we watch most car manufacturers adopt the Tesla charging standard and the explosion of new Supercharger sites I think those predictions are about to come true. I wonder how soon the antitrust talk will emerge.

Your thoughts?

For quite a while antitrust activity has been considerably governed by the doctrine that the behavior to be deterred and defeated is behavior that raises consumer prices from what they would otherwise be.

On that way of doing things, Tesla is a long way away from suffering antitrust attention.

However, the Biden administration has multiple influential people, some with direct responsibility for antitrust activities, with a much more expansive view. If they don't like you, they may come after you. They don't like Elon.

I thnk the fear of getting laughed out of town might restrain them for a while.