Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up this beauty this afternoon. The car had 5 miles and was almost perfect. No noticeable panel gaps, no paint issues. The covering above passenger side A pillar was cut couple of millimeters extra and caught my eye. The delivery person asked if I wait 15 mins, he could have service department replace it with new one. Loved my delivery experience. My delivery guy also allowed me to check a model S Plaid with yoke. There were about 15 cars on the lot. Very happy to pick up the car in 59 days since ordering.
C0D676E2-0E46-4389-8D26-D62FA1F98B8C.jpeg

Hey lucky! Welcome to the waiting club. I’m sure you will soon figure out, the EDD will change daily and in random directions. As others have mentioned, the EDD really means nothing until your VIN is assigned. Your SA won’t be able to tell you much this early in your order.
That’s what I figured too, after reading all the comments. I really wish that I get it sooner and I don’t have to wait until October. Thanks for the reply

Reactions: Eddie509
Picked up this beauty this afternoon. The car had 5 miles and was almost perfect. No noticeable panel gaps, no paint issues. The covering above passenger side A pillar was cut couple of millimeters extra and caught my eye. The delivery person asked if I wait 15 mins, he could have service department replace it with new one. Loved my delivery experience. My delivery guy also allowed me to check a model S Plaid with yoke. There were about 15 cars on the lot. Very happy to pick up the car in 59 days since ordering. View attachment 688177
Congrats!!🎉

Reactions: Tesconnect
Picked up this beauty this afternoon. The car had 5 miles and was almost perfect. No noticeable panel gaps, no paint issues. The covering above passenger side A pillar was cut couple of millimeters extra and caught my eye. The delivery person asked if I wait 15 mins, he could have service department replace it with new one. Loved my delivery experience. My delivery guy also allowed me to check a model S Plaid with yoke. There were about 15 cars on the lot. Very happy to pick up the car in 59 days since ordering. View attachment 688177
Is that transmission Fluid leaking? Oh I forgot, no transmission

Reactions: Eddie509
Very happy for you! Glad everything went smoothly with your delivery. You were one of the very first people I interacted w/ since joining the forums. Hope to see you around here still! :)

Reactions: Tesconnect
Sounds about right. I’m near Toronto, ordered 06/05 and EDD currently (has changed everyday) is 08/09-08/29. No VIN yet
Nice I see a lot of Ontario orders around this time having tighter estimates. I ordered 06/03 in Vaughan and I'm at 8/10-8/30 EDD. Originally was July 10-Aug. I think it's safe to assume second week of August for our vehicles, and VINs at the end of the month

Do I even want to post about my delivery experience? Long story, short: TERRIBLE. Love the car, HATE Tesla’s lack of good customer service. I had to pester them to update me and have someone call prior to delivery to give instructions.. because I never receive texts, calls, responses to

Besides a whole list of other things, the car was dusty on the steering wheel and driver’s door panel. They gave me a USED charging cable kit.. with visible sun damage, etc. They said I could submit a service ticket.. guess what the earliest date they’ll “service” it? 8/11! I’m just DONE. No good things to say about my experience at Tyson’s. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THE TYSON’S LOCATION IN VA!!

I wanted, so badly, to have a good experience.. but they SUCK!

I’ll let you all know if I ever calm down from this HORRIBLE experience.. was supposed to be a great day.. my 40th BIRTHDAY present to myself that I sacrificed for. I didn’t even get to make it up to MD to show my daughter. Had to go figure out where I could charge it because they delivered at 50% battery late afternoon.. and was too late to go to dinner with my own kid because all this nonsense.

I haven’t even walked around the vehicle to inspect it because I will come UNGLUED at the next thing. Just don’t put yourself through the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE. Do NOT order through Tyson’s.. whatever you do. Switch locations ASAP, if possible.

Attachments

• E7DECBEC-7CE6-4C7C-8505-A48CABD067F4.jpeg
    E7DECBEC-7CE6-4C7C-8505-A48CABD067F4.jpeg
    320.6 KB · Views: 66
  • E03CBA41-783D-41C9-8FCB-75C35E70A805.jpeg
    E03CBA41-783D-41C9-8FCB-75C35E70A805.jpeg
    596.7 KB · Views: 68
  • A996F0DF-1FC5-47A4-B215-238A3AFF08F2.jpeg
    A996F0DF-1FC5-47A4-B215-238A3AFF08F2.jpeg
    354.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 361F538F-FF45-409C-ABC1-02FF5CEAA570.jpeg
    361F538F-FF45-409C-ABC1-02FF5CEAA570.jpeg
    759.2 KB · Views: 70
  • F2BEF013-5EED-49E4-9893-36521563EF90.jpeg
    F2BEF013-5EED-49E4-9893-36521563EF90.jpeg
    454 KB · Views: 69
  • C0AB232A-8525-4963-8607-86C3E77E1B6D.jpeg
    C0AB232A-8525-4963-8607-86C3E77E1B6D.jpeg
    474.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 93E6EA54-1A6D-4A61-8E3B-4BB7B92E8EAB.jpeg
    93E6EA54-1A6D-4A61-8E3B-4BB7B92E8EAB.jpeg
    726.3 KB · Views: 72
Do I even want to post about my delivery experience? Long story, short: TERRIBLE. Love the car, HATE Tesla’s lack of good customer service. I had to pester them to update me and have someone call prior to delivery to give instructions.. because I never receive texts, calls, responses to

Besides a whole list of other things, the car was dusty on the steering wheel and driver’s door panel. They gave me a USED charging cable kit.. with visible sun damage, etc. They said I could submit a service ticket.. guess what the earliest date they’ll “service” it? 8/11! I’m just DONE. No good things to say about my experience at Tyson’s. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THE TYSON’S LOCATION IN VA!!

I’ll let you all know if I ever calm down from this HORRIBLE experience.. was supposed to be a great day.. my 40th BIRTHDAY present to myself that I sacrificed for. I didn’t even get to make it up to MD to show my daughter. Had to go figure out where I could charge it because they delivered at 50% battery late afternoon.. and was too late to go to dinner with my own kid because all this nonsense.

I haven’t even walked around the vehicle to inspect it because I will come UNGLUED at the next thing. Just don’t put yourself through the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE. Do NOT order through Tyson’s.. whatever you do. Switch locations ASAP, if possible.
Oh wow. What a sh*t show. You were so excited for it too. I hope theres nothing else wrong with your ride and it treats you well! I'm sure you'll forget the bad experience once you're driving around town :)

Reactions: CCRM3
Thank you!! I’m just exhausted. I didn’t have anything to eat until after 7 pm.. dealing with this all day. I guess if you go in with low expectations, maybe it’s better than thinking Tesla is a luxury brand.. I no longer associate Tesla and “luxury” .. at all. I will not recommend Tesla to any friends. I’m so mad. I was a fan for at least 6 years before this experience. Now? I’d just rather not. Should’ve done the Audi lease. I think I’m done with Tesla.

I didn’t even mention how much pain my back is in because the lumbar was set right where my injury is and when I asked the guy who delivered it (via the phone that was spazzing out connecting between phone then Tesla then phone..) it took me in tears saying how I’d have to give the car back because I can’t sit in that seat for 20 minutes without excruciating pain (and this was just the walk-through set up).. finally explained that lumbar can be moved up and down! Where is that in a video?! I’m still in pain.

Also had to do a hard reset within 15 minutes of receiving.. because the screen was not responding when I’d touch for “WiFi connection options” ).

P.S. they make it seem easy to find Superchargers along a route.. it is not. You can’t do multiple points in a trip. So, you have ZERO idea how far out of your way you’d have to drive to get to a charger.. main reason I could not see my daughter today. Car not delivered sufficiently charged.. and I don’t know this area well enough to get lost in MD finding a Super charger.

Navigation on Tesla is garbage. Use a different Navigation system.

Oh man it sounds like you had a bunch of things go wrong to make it a terrible experience. Not eating all day certainly made everything worse. :\

I'm sure they'll replace the charging kit. Do yourself a favor and report any issues you find by tomorrow so at least they can't say you didn't report it. I never really had an issue with navigating to a supercharger. Tesla is ahead of the game with showing you charging stations along a route and your estimated battery percentage. I'm not sure about multiple points in a trip. Other EVs certainly can't compare so maybe give it another shot later.

Happy birthday! Congrats on making it to this point. It was one crappy day. Have a chill night and you'll wake up and get to enjoy your shiny new car in your driveway. I'm sure your daughter can't wait to see it.

• Love
Reactions: CCRM3
Oh man it sounds like you had a bunch of things go wrong to make it a terrible experience. Not eating all day certainly made everything worse. :\

I'm sure they'll replace the charging kit. Do yourself a favor and report any issues you find by tomorrow so at least they can't say you didn't report it. I never really had an issue with navigating to a supercharger. Tesla is ahead of the game with showing you charging stations along a route and your estimated battery percentage. I'm not sure about multiple points in a trip. Other EVs certainly can't compare so maybe give it another shot later.

Happy birthday! Congrats on making it to this point. It was one crappy day. Have a chill night and you'll wake up and get to enjoy your shiny new car in your driveway. I'm sure your daughter can't wait to see it.
Tesla’s don’t do Waypoints.

Iirc Elon said fine they’ll do it at some point but who knows. I’d use an app like PlugShare to plan a more intricate route.

Reactions: CCRM3 and oreobbq

Sorry to hear about your experience. My car was 89% charged at pickup. The car had some water streaks as it had rained in morning and had dried. The interior was spotless. Although, they were busy, I had pleasant experience and they fixed one item that I noticed. My charger looks new as well.
Have Tesla replace your charger and just get your car over to local car detail shop. You will love it I’m sure.

I’m so sorry this happened to you! After how long you waited and your other car broke down while you waited. This had to have been such a disappointment. But that is YOUR car. You sacrificed to have it. Make sure you report every little thing and make them take care of it so you can actually enjoy it. I had a sneaking suspicion that Tyson’s was going to suck, and I’m closer to the DC service center, but my SA made me choose Tyson’s because they apparently prioritize that SC. I have lowered expectations, but they absolutely will be righting any wrongs with my car so it can be the way I want it. I hope you are able to get everything fixed up with them or maybe even ask if you can have the DC service center step in and assist at this point? But you’ve been so positive for everyone else and you absolutely deserve a better experience.

Hey lucky! Welcome to the waiting club. I’m sure you will soon figure out, the EDD will change daily and in random directions. As others have mentioned, the EDD really means nothing until your VIN is assigned. Your SA won’t be able to tell you much this early in your order.
So does an sa call me after order? On my first order I spoke to someone to get it downgraded to sr during ordering. This time I ordered on Friday from the website but no one has contacted me yet.

So does an sa call me after order? On my first order I spoke to someone to get it downgraded to sr during ordering. This time I ordered on Friday from the website but no one has contacted me yet.
The only communication I had after the order was a “welcome to the Tesla family” email where they give you summary of the delivery process and other tips.

I emailed my SA a couple weeks ago to see if he could provide additional info on my EDD and he replied back within a day.