Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ name dropped, now just “Model 3” and listed range increased

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bobly

Sep 29, 2019
UK
D3659ACE-47A9-4D61-A8DC-310B4AB3FD9E.png

What will be interesting is if we get a few Q4 SR+ models appearing on the "inventory" for sale in Nov/Dec, from cancelled orders, etc.

If they are still listed as "SR+" instead of "Model 3"with the range & speed of 278 & 5.3 respectively, then that would tend to point towards the new quoted range & speed ONLY being for Q1 2022 cars, despite talk of the new battery being in the Q4 SR+ models.

Reactions: Bobly
When you can charge to 305 miles at 100% in a SR+ does a LR make sense at 360 x 0.8 = 288 miles?? I guess only for the performance, sound system, fog lights, heated rear seats and steering wheel and AWD... I'd take the SR+ any day as if you are travelling more than 100 miles a day then you are going to exceed the 4 hours on Octopus Go, which I'm not and on the few occasions I need to use the SuC I can take 30 - 60 minutes longer on those small amount of journeys, given the difference in cost...

5.3 to 5.8 is a pretty significant reduction. Assuming due to additional weight.
Weight differential is only listed as 10kg? ....which seems very low, certainly not enough to warrant a 0.5 sec increase.

Maybe 0-60 is software locked to ensure it doesn't move people from LR orders, until the range on that is adjusted to 380 miles, (Panasonic/new LG packs) as per EU.

Decrease it slightly later on.

It's the sort of thing Tesla would do!

Reactions: Simonix
Weight differential is only listed as 10kg? ....which seems very low, certainly not enough to warrant a 0.5 sec increase.

Maybe 0-60 is software locked to ensure it doesn't move people from LR orders, until the range on that is adjusted to 380 miles, (Panasonic/new LG packs) as per EU.

it is something they would do, although it could also be slower to help increase the range on the car?

True this. As the SR+ used to be 5.6, before dropping to 5.3. The range also increased I think as well?

Every chance that the new "model 3" will reduce its 5.8 in time.

I don't think it's that LFP can't produce the power. They are less energy dense, so they have to be bigger and heavier to produce the same amount of range.

I believe the power output is negligible, dependant on application.