Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify/tunein/maps/navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've recently experienced the map squares going blank, after a year of working flawlessly. That's driving from all over the UK from as far as Inverness and Wales, and quite a few trips through the Netherlands and onward though Germany.

First experienced it on the way back from Dundee to England, but I knew the route well and it cleared after stopping for a charge. Most recently it happened during a trip through Newcastle on a route I wasn't familiar with. I simply waited until the next turn was a couple of miles away, and noted the one after that, then did a 2 button reset whilst driving. All came back working fine just after I'd completed the 2nd turn, and all was well, I could carry on following directions with the benefit of being able to see all the side roads on the navigation.

It's not the first time I've done the 2 button reset whilst driving. Naturally you lose your speed indication, but if you're confident of approximating your speed, or if you're in flowing traffic, you shouldn't need to pull over and wait.

Let’s hope the recent 2023.12.9.1 fixes this .. plus the annoying Apple Music glitches
Unfortunately I’m on 2023.12.9.1 and am still having this issue. It’s driving me nuts! The missing map squares when zoomed in have made the satnav effectively useless now. Every journey I just get the blue nav line on a black background.

Opened a SR and they just fobbed me off and said they knew about it and it will be fixed in an upcoming update.

I have noticed that I can’t do any speed tests from the web browser over LTE, so not sure if they’ve been fiddling with something there as I’m sure it used to work. Wi-Fi fine.

I’m also one of the early owners that ordered way back in 2019 (M3P) and have the free premium, so I’m also wondering if they’ve been tinkering with my LTE to down rate it and save a few pennies (currently says KPN when I check the IP). Probably not, but am wondering..

Anyone else still having this issue?

Unfortunately I’m on 2023.12.9.1 and am still having this issue. It’s driving me nuts! The missing map squares when zoomed in have made the satnav effectively useless now. Every journey I just get the blue nav line on a black background.

Opened a SR and they just fobbed me off and said they knew about it and it will be fixed in an upcoming update.

I have noticed that I can’t do any speed tests from the web browser over LTE, so not sure if they’ve been fiddling with something there as I’m sure it used to work. Wi-Fi fine.

I’m also one of the early owners that ordered way back in 2019 (M3P) and have the free premium, so I’m also wondering if they’ve been tinkering with my LTE to down rate it and save a few pennies (currently says KPN when I check the IP). Probably not, but am wondering..

Yep - still happening to me in the same places (main area is around my home which makes it even worse - can’t wake car to set temp etc)

It seems to be a DNS issue as I can google stuff, (not click any of the links though and only some sites work), use YouTube and hit my own web server via its ip but not it’s domain. I’ve reported this to Tesla in Jan but just got a HV battery reset and told it’s a known issue ☹️

snap, opened two service requests because they keep sayings it resolved. Just say it will be fixed in an upcoming update later this year. I said its not good enough. Its cheesed me off so much, I'm not looking at alternative cars. Its all great doing updates, but if they break something and can't fix it asap, then its more of a problem in my opinion. This has happened a few times now.

Anybody else in a state where EVERYTHING works fine except spotify? My tunein, radio, maps, everything works super fast, but last 2 days spotify has failed to load anything. Is this a known issue?
yes, Last three weeks I've had poor reception and Spotify/tunein/radio album art doesn't load. Apple seems ok.

I was told by Tesla its an known issue and are working to fix in an up coming update later this year.

I have had the same issue in my Model S for the past 2 months. End up doing a reset every few days. I spoke to a service technician the other day after the car was in for something else, and apparently its to do with going between different masts and signal going in and out of range, the network doesnt re-connect. He did mumble something relating to Huawei masts, so not sure the whole china/ROW issues are causing this or if its something completely un-related. Sometimes its my map tiles (normally start oosing navigation with traffic information) and then spotify, and it could be that i have signal but just doesnt load. It all returns eventually in certain areas.
I also face some similar issues on my mobile phone. Certain areas i have signal but nothing loads. Annoyingly it is my local area for my phone, but where we are we dont have great mast network so this going in and out of sginal with certain masts is made worse in our area.

He said they are working on the updates, however they need to ascetain which masts are the problem and go from there...

Annoyingly it is my local area for my phone, but where we are we dont have great mast network so this going in and out of sginal with certain masts is made worse in our area.
I can see a future where starlink will come into play or/and Tesla moves into the mobile network space. Surely keeping all these cars alive (not just Teslas), specially for those that do not subscribe must have a non negligible cost 🤔

I can see a future where starlink will come into play or/and Tesla moves into the mobile network space. Surely keeping all these cars alive (not just Teslas), specially for those that do not subscribe must have a non negligible cost 🤔
i had exactly the same thought last night when driving back home. A starlink receiver on the roof would be perfect!

BTW it looks like your local to me. im in the Purbecks so you must feel the pain of por signal!