Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify on version 9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have P- and normally use Tidal. I can stream that from my phone but unfortunately will loose 44 & 92Khz MQA quality in the Bluetooth transfer to the car. Unfortunately Spotify doesn't have a high quality streaming service but given its free with the car and convenient I will use it from time to time as the library is a bit larger than Tidal.

So what do I need to do to use it in my M3? I don't have a Spotify account and don't really want one.
Is there a login associated with Tesla? I cant seem to search for songs albums or anything etc. seems to expect you to have registered?

I have P- and normally use Tidal. I can stream that from my phone but unfortunately will loose 44 & 92Khz MQA quality in the Bluetooth transfer to the car. Unfortunately Spotify doesn't have a high quality streaming service but given its free with the car and convenient I will use it from time to time as the library is a bit larger than Tidal.

So what do I need to do to use it in my M3? I don't have a Spotify account and don't really want one.
Is there a login associated with Tesla? I cant seem to search for songs albums or anything etc. seems to expect you to have registered?
Can you get the Tidal files on to your phone or maybe a tablet and plug it into one of the USB ports?

Yep, Tidal do let you download for offline use, so that's a possibility but just gets a cumbersome operating that way.

What login do I use for Spotify in the model 3 tho?
You can just use the Tesla default account, but I'm not sure if you can do much in the way of compiling playlists etc.
Spotify have free and premium account types. The free type gets a lower bit rate, cheesy ads etc etc. I'm not sure if you can use the free account with the M3 - it wouldn't cost anything to try. Buying a Spotify account might be a bit much just to use in the car.