Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9v1.1 Launch w/ Dragon: CRS-3 4/18/2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So how does this normally work? They roll the rocket out a few days early for the static fire test. Do they then bring it down and roll it back inside? How long before launch do they bring the rocket vertical again on the pad?

Since the most recent twitter-pic shows the rocket inside again then they must have brought it back in. It was mentioned in the last launch video that SpaceX would like to bring it out very quickly (one hour) but they are currently at six hours.

SpaceX Webcast - Thaicom 6 Falcon 9 Launch Success! January 6, 2014 - YouTube

Sarah Walker explains the process at 10:05 in the video.

Don't know if this will affect the launch plan but the weather here has turned windy and rainy for the next few days. Sunday afternoon/evening at CC is expected to be 97% cloud cover with winds 15-20mph.

They may just delay it back a day or two. It is always a NET launch plan... they can ALWAYS go beyond that date, they just can't launch before it. Fingers crossed we get a nice day on Sunday! :)

Don't know if this will affect the launch plan but the weather here has turned windy and rainy for the next few days. Sunday afternoon/evening at CC is expected to be 97% cloud cover with winds 15-20mph.

Strange, the report I read said the weather looked good for the pre-dawn launch:

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20140313/SPACE/303130013/Pre-dawn-weather-looks-good-Sunday-SpaceX-launch?nclick_check=1

Also, here is the official mission press kit:

PRESS KIT: CRS-3 MISSION | SpaceX

Well I donated my cells today. I'll keep my toes crossed that they launch on time.
Here's a mission patch I got for the experiment. I like that you can see the legs on the rocket.

13132966313_b309233a4b_b.jpg

Yep, and I will. I donate regularly, so it's not really that big of a deal. Just the inflexible scheduling and having to go to a farther location make it a bit more of a hassle. This will have been my third such special donation. I'm ready for this thing to launch.