Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - Comm Crew DM-2 - LC-39A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aborted

4283CCB6-1054-4552-917A-F0C56EB7E2EE.png

:( Better safe than sorry as they say but hope as many people tune in for next window.

40 minutes to defuel, then disarm, then exit on way back for a few days. The feed btw will continue until they are off Dragon.

Last edited:
Crew on way to launchpad now, said 15 minutes so they continue to sit and wait. Noticed they took off their feet straps. Then the guys go into SOP quarantine.

I noticed this circled panel kind if rippling in the wind. Anyone know what it is?

View attachment 545353

I think that is where the pressure equalization plug is. They didn't show it specifically but one of the casters talked about it during the countdown.

They mentioned after a landing the crew would have to pull the plug and allow pressure to equalize.

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
John just answered my question about the Falcon 9 and Dragon. No plan to come horizontal unless they experience a reason to do so.

Guys just reported hearing and feeling the depressurization. Earlier in coverage they were mentioning that they have recorded the sounds of the various systems to play for the guys to be acquainted to know what was normal to listen for. Smart. Wish we had something like that for our car sounds.

hatch opening starting now.

92C3C0FF-AE3A-4029-843C-608EC23E7B8F.png

0A114670-9CF6-4EC2-9E56-F82F38E84453.png

John explaining they are still depressurizing so hatch opens easily. They are working to take off heat shield protection on hatch access so that is taking some time.

Last edited: