Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - Comm Crew DM-2 - LC-39A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nerd Alert! I've got my SpaceX gear on and ready for this afternoon!

101373014_10117991449507844_5796795820426657792_o.jpg

• Love
Reactions: e-FTW and SwTslaGrl
Oh wow. What do they do to cover that amount of area with recovery teams? Ask the military to line up some ships?
Nailed it again! Astronaut Kjell Lindgren spoke about this in the Flight Launch Readiness review press briefing. They use military assets that are available in those areas (ships, helicopters, etc) to get divers in the water to help the astronauts.

Nailed it again! Astronaut Kjell Lindgren spoke about this in the Flight Launch Readiness review press briefing. They use military assets that are available in those areas (ships, helicopters, etc) to get divers in the water to help the astronauts.

That makes me wonder, given that Starliner is designed for land recovery, it possible for it to land in someone's back yard? Or, is it that their recovery zone is smaller than Dragon's for some reason?

12:35 pm crew suit up underway, winds acceptable for flight, COPVs at pressure, Falcon 9 in good health. Dragon tank pressurization complete, Dragon in good health.

Storm moving on shore, improving conditions down range and at launch site but currently 60% chance of an abort due to weather.

Tim Dodd got an interview with Elon and Bridenstine:

That was pretty cool. Not a lot of new info (indeed Elon declined to answer the burning question of, what, exactly, is Dragon XL?), but the excitement and raw production values from Everyday Astronaut was a hoot.

It's funny that people dump on Elon for his impromptu information releases via twitter. The reality is that in interviews like this, and earnings calls, and Q&A during presentations, he is very disciplined in staying on message. That says to me that his tweets aren't so unplanned...