Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern California (Orange County) Tesla Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats the scary part, they said that car is mine, they'll try to fix it, but if its "within spec" that I'm kinda SOL, and if want a different one, I lose my $3500. I had the aero rims with the pearl white. No estimate yet. Someone is supposed to call me within 24-48 hours. They REALLY wanted me to take the car and they said they would fix it afterwards.... They were so packed today, my appointment was 30-45 minutes late. Very nice people, just soooo many cars and people, it was like a carrier catapult.

There was minor other stuff, but the paint chips where I could see black, and the back right panel gap... was just too much.

wow, that sucks...hope they get it all figured out for you soon!

Just in case everyone doesn't know. WE ARE OFFICIALLY IN TIER 3 PRICING now. I cant edit the original post, so I just wanted to make sure everyone knows, so I get less PMs haha.
I’m interested! I yelp messaged Rodz and their 3 prices are much better. What’s the next steps to getting an appointment? I’m looking into all window tinting and chrome delete

I really doubt there would be any paint correction included in that price, even at tier 1. I didn’t ask either, but I’ve been shopping on-and-off for PPF for about 3 months and at that price level I would just assume the answer is no. I planned my front ppf install on Monday so I could do my paint correction myself on Sunday.

I'm happy for everyone!

I came to pick up my Tesla today, and my experience was... less than stellar at Costa mesa. They made me sign tons of paperwork, and pay for the car, before I really even got to see it. I had to refuse delivery. The service people were very nice and understood my concern, the Supervisor... tried to strong arm me into driving it out and said I could loose my deposit if I dont accept my car. There was chips in the front face of the paint and a HUGE panel gap in the back right panel, the other model 3s next to it didn't have the same misalignment gap. Be careful when go to accept your car folks!

Even though this is off topic, I would really like to know the outcome. How do we protect ourselves from losing a deposit? Is this just a hollow threat? I want to be able to decline my car even if it has just a mild panel gap. It would eat me up every time I walk to the car.

Even though this is off topic, I would really like to know the outcome. How do we protect ourselves from losing a deposit? Is this just a hollow threat? I want to be able to decline my car even if it has just a mild panel gap. It would eat me up every time I walk to the car.

I don’t know why people aren’t being diva ish about this.

In my situation, called out the paint defects(fish eye) the day of pickup, drove the car for 2 weeks and then the service center reached out and arranged an loaner(P85D S).

It’s been about 4 week but only because they cause some more defects. Can’t complain as the service gave me a awesome loaner and they made concessions on other things(which I can’t disclose, so please don’t ask) which made it even more sweeter.

Tesla pick up locations aren’t designed to address the issues but their service center is and will make it right, just give them a chance to.

In general, if you are patient and cool about things, things tend to go smoother in correcting the issue. Remember they are trying to push cars out..

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
Couple of questions.

What makes up full frontal wrap? What parts of the car?

Can I chrome delete with body color door handles?

Probably won't call for a few weeks, since I don't have time to do it for a few weeks.

Also, time frame of the work would be helpful. I'm 60 miles away, so would want to make dropoff or pickup day on a weekend, to make it easier.