Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Someone hit my parked tesla...looking for advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One more thing. I know someone who got into an an accident where it wasn't their fault and the other party's insurance company dealt with paying for the repair. He did not seek DV. It was lease car and the accident was reported to Carfax. At the end of the lease he was dinged thousands of dollar for diminished value. Go figure.

I have had same thing happen to me and I think it works best not to get police or insurance company involved. Police report will be tied to your Vin and show up as accident on carfax. Your insurance Co can do all sorts of mischief even when you aren't at fault. Get them to admit on cell phone video that they were at fault. That's better evidence than any police report.

Then contact their insurance company and inform that their insured is at fault and they will pay you full cost of reasonable repair plus diminished value or they can visit with you in front of your local judge with your evidence and their insureds admission of fault.

Only if they are very problematic should you consider having your insurance Co threaten litigation with them through subrogation.

Key is don't forget about diminished value claim.