Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Some S and X owners ask me to make a change in our rear seat cup holder.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some owners of our new rear seat cup holder ask me to change the rear seat cup holder location. We made another mold and now can offer the rear seat unit that mounts in a lower position. See photo. We now offer the rear seat unit both ways, for both mounting location, on our web site. www.teslapride.com
Anyone that bought that original rear seat unit that would prefer the new mounting location may purchase the new unit at a 50% discount. Thanks to all, that have made our new products, so well received.
Rear_CupHolder_3_Pics.jpg

Attachments

• Rear_CupHolder_3_Pics.jpg
    Rear_CupHolder_3_Pics.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 72
It looks like the lower position is actually sitting on the floor (or more precisely the rear seat floor mat). Is that correct?

Thanks,

Bruce.
Yes Bruce, It is supported on the floor and held in place with a small tab of Velcro against the center console. I will not tip over. I'm using the white floor mat so the black cup holder shows up in the photo.

Looks really interesting! Three questions:

1) Here you talk about Velcro, but in the product description it says Command Strips. Which is correct?
2) Design question: is there a reason why there's a big void under the hook portion instead of just making the storage bin bigger?
3) Will the wrapped versions return? I have a CF interior and think a CF wrap would probably look better. If we buy now and the wraps become available again, would it be possible to purchase them separately for retrofitting?

Thanks!

Looks really interesting! Three questions:

1) Here you talk about Velcro, but in the product description it says Command Strips. Which is correct?
2) Design question: is there a reason why there's a big void under the hook portion instead of just making the storage bin bigger?
3) Will the wrapped versions return? I have a CF interior and think a CF wrap would probably look better. If we buy now and the wraps become available again, would it be possible to purchase them separately for retrofitting?

Thanks!
1 All back seat cup holders now ship with ultra low profile Velcro Both versions upper and lower.
2.I don't understand the question.
3 Yes we are testing Hydro Dipping the Carbon Fiber and wood grain versions. Both can not be applied in the field but I will treat everyone fairly that want one.

Thanks for the answers.

This part. Is there a purpose I'm missing? It seems like it could have been a functional bin, but instead it's wasted space? Unless I'm missing something, of course, which I may very well be.
That space is needed so the cups can sit upright without their tops hitting the air conditioning vent. See, the center arm rest which has the AC vent near the top slants towards the back of the car as it rises up from the floor.

That space is needed so the cups can sit upright without their tops hitting the air conditioning vent. See, the center arm rest which has the AC vent near the top slants towards the back of the car as it rises up from the floor.
Right. I understand why you had to push the cups away from the armrest, but that doesn't really explain why the portion in red is an "arch" instead of a "cup". Here we've wasted all the space under the arch. Space that could have been a useful bin, yes?

Right. I understand why you had to push the cups away from the armrest, but that doesn't really explain why the portion in red is an "arch" instead of a "cup". Here we've wasted all the space under the arch. Space that could have been a useful bin, yes?
You're are correct, but that's is all I can say. Molds cost way to much to change every time someone comes up with good idea.

Hi, been looking at these for a while and was about to order them but was confused. In this thread it says it comes with the Velcro needed (as shown in the video on teslacupholders) but I don't see the velcro listed on the product page for the cup holders still but I do see you're selling velcro as a stand alone $4 product. Do we need to buy that separately? Or is that for people who wore it out and need more? I'm planning on ordering the higher up version rather then the floor version mostly because its easier for kids to reach even though it will have the air flow problems.

Also without this forum I had no idea what "flat" and "angled" meant. I suggest changing their names to indicate where its mounted.

Thanks!

Hi, been looking at these for a while and was about to order them but was confused. In this thread it says it comes with the Velcro needed (as shown in the video on teslacupholders) but I don't see the velcro listed on the product page for the cup holders still but I do see you're selling velcro as a stand alone $4 product. Do we need to buy that separately? Or is that for people who wore it out and need more?

This was answered above:

1 All back seat cup holders now ship with ultra low profile Velcro Both versions upper and lower.

Hi, been looking at these for a while and was about to order them but was confused. In this thread it says it comes with the Velcro needed (as shown in the video on teslacupholders) but I don't see the velcro listed on the product page for the cup holders still but I do see you're selling velcro as a stand alone $4 product. Do we need to buy that separately? Or is that for people who wore it out and need more? I'm planning on ordering the higher up version rather then the floor version mostly because its easier for kids to reach even though it will have the air flow problems.

Also without this forum I had no idea what "flat" and "angled" meant. I suggest changing their names to indicate where its mounted.

Thanks!
All rear seat cup holders now come with the clear ultra thin Velcro. The air flow from the A/C has been solved as well. I look forward To having you buy one and commenting on our latest cup holder changes. Order Combo#2, thank you.
Dave

I ordered one of the lower cup holders. It came with black Velcro. It's OK, and kind of works, but you definitely don't want to do any hard acceleration or turns with a cup in there. The single, center-mounted Velcro point seems to be the culprit. The whole assembly can move 0.5 - 0.75" in either direction without the Velcro even starting to separate.

I feel like the thin solid hook & loop fasteners would have been a better choice than the thick fuzzy Velcro for this application. I may see if I can remove it without damaging the console and replacing it with two pieces of something else.

FYI, "Command Strip" by 3M is a ripoff of Tesa Stretch release adhesive. Tesa invented it, patented it and 3M stole it. The result: in the US 3M owns retail rights to it, Tesa holds industrial use.

Globally Tesa is the brand.

Just a little FYI as a person who works with this adhesive extensively at work. We use it to secure the battery inside iPhone and iPads to the aluminum enclosure