Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder what will happen when a car with this update installed that is running on AP encounters a turn that is ‘too steep’... will it turn the steering wheel up to the allowed maximum and then drive out of the turn into the woods? I don’t see how this is ever safer than before....
Assume it will tell you to take over since it can’t handle the road. I don’t get the local turn radius limitation. Does anyone have a source to this and why this is a legal no-no? I know it’s a country specific issue but why was it codified that AVs can’t turn more than X?

Assume it will tell you to take over since it can’t handle the road. I don’t get the local turn radius limitation. Does anyone have a source to this and why this is a legal no-no? I know it’s a country specific issue but why was it codified that AVs can’t turn more than X?
Also does not sound very safe: last minute call to take over the car just before a very steep turn....

Reactions: Christine69420
Not joking. The car animation show clouds moving. Had the update for a single day so not sure about rain. But can say that clouds are visible on car animation. Not safe to capture video or picture while driving so can’t post image.
C’mon man... so, was it a cloudy day?! Need more data. Seriously I have a time even starting to believe this one. And there’s no vertical cameras unless you have SpaceX involved... :D

C’mon man... so, was it a cloudy day?! Need more data. Seriously I have a time even starting to believe this one. And there’s no vertical cameras unless you have SpaceX involved... :D

Lol. I know it hard to believe but I am not trying to make this up. But I may be mistaken. Did not have it for more than a day. May be it looks at the local weather data based on gps? Regardless I will leave it till I have more to proof. May be someone else can verify based on the weather in their area.

2015 S85D. I got the update yesterday. Today I noticed after supercharging that the coolent pump continued to run. After getting home and parking it in the garage, the pump is still running even after sitting for an hour. Anyone else notice this behavior? Is this maybe a change in the battery thermal protection after the HK fire?

After the 16.1.1 update I have a constantly running pump. The sounds is coming from the front passenger side. Any others noticed this change? I have tried resetting with the buttons and the pump ran through the entire process.

The same thing happened to my car and it was after supercharging. I updated to 2016.16.1.1 on Tuesday May, 14. The noise went on for over 10-11 hours. I posted the detail on this thread

My warning says “Cruise control not available”. Also, the auto-dimming feature is not functioning.

I spoke to Tesla support last evening (after being on hold for 20 minutes). After the reboots and full shutdown failed, they said to let the vehicle go through a full sleep cycle overnight to reset the computer. I have not yet checked the car this morning.

UPDATE- took the car out a couple of hours ago and all cruise and autopilot features have returned. I guess the overnight rest allowed it to reset itself.

UPDATE- took the car out a couple of hours ago and all cruise and autopilot features have returned. I guess the overnight rest allowed it to reset itself.
I'm glad it worked itself out. I was coming back to say that I tested right after the update and it was fine and then after sitting about 12 hours overnight we drove it around today and it was still working fine. Glad most of us appear to have the major kinks worked out with this latest update. I think moving forward however I learned a valuable lesson on being an early adopter of new firmware updates on these cars.

• Love
Reactions: John G