Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So who actually has configured their P or AWD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No free lunch my friend as you are going to have to find support for your Mustang once modified. It's also not AWD, not a Tesla, and too many things to list.

If Tesla would offer the boost for only $10K, the uptake would be too high, and cannibalize the Model S P sales. They would be leaving lots of margin on the table.

The best bang for the buck is the SR AWD Model 3. It's such a good deal that it won't see the light of day for a long time.

I'm an economist, I look at things from a macro view. What doesn't make sense to you or me on a micro level makes complete sense in the overall scheme of things.

We are even only comparing what we know.. I suspect the P3D is under-reported because it is HALF the price of a Model S P100D afterall.
Agree 100% about your take on the economics. Tesla’s pricing strategy makes a lot of sense - I just don’t have to like it. :D

Reactions: MXWing
I'm not sure why you keep tagging me. What do you want to ask me?
No matter.

I have nothing to ask.

As someone who has inroads to the one who can actually make a possible adjustment / change... I was comically wondering if the topic interests you as well.

The tagging was a complimentary gesture concerning your success.

My apologies. No more tagging. No more questions.

hmmmm......I'll keep the patreon going though.​

Last edited:
Adaptive adjustable suspension, sway bars, big brakes, forged wheels with sticky tires. Maybe a more aggressive distinctic look from all the other trims.

I mean make a real performance car for the road course.
You have good points.

On a good note....big performance brakes are included. Someone asked Elon about this and he replied:

I don't understand Elons tweet about the 20 rims though......will they come with sticky tires? This was his quote:

"No, but dual motors mean increased regen braking & will ride tire traction limit. You won’t notice sport brakes unless you’re on a racetrack & have the sticky 20” tires."

Elon Musk on Twitter

Last edited:
Well you have good points.

On a good note....big performance brakes are included. Someone asked Elon about this and he replied:

I don't understand Elons tweet about the 20 rims though......will they come with sticky tires?

Elon Musk on Twitter

Maybe we are getting a head of ourselves and the model 3 will have lots of improvements compared to the AWD version. Maybe Elon will surprise us with a real track killer that at least will make it seem like the performance version is worth the extra 23k.

I can't configure AWD yet so maybe when I can there will be Performance model 3 out there getting reviewed.

Reactions: Garlan Garner
I'm not sure why you keep tagging me. What do you want to ask me?

@Garlan Garner wants to start a campaign to influence Tesla to include free super charging for the Performance Model 3 as an additional incentive given the much higher premium.

Since you are media, you are being asked if you could help rally support for this message.

That’s what I I think is going on? :)

@Garlan Garner wants to start a campaign to influence Tesla to include free super charging for the Performance Model 3 as an additional incentive given the much higher premium.

Since you are media, you are being asked if you could help rally support for this message.

That’s what I I think is going on? :)

Ah OK thanks for clarifying. I've been super busy at my day job this week so I haven't kept up 100% on some of the threads I've posted in.

We're getting red calipers and sport brakes, at least! :D

Reactions: Finder