Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So Cal Edison (SCE) Rate Plan & Usage Data at sce.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I became eligible to switch plan to TOU-D-Prime with SCE after purchasing a Model Y.

I've noticed the usage significantly increased after changing the plan and I generated more solar than the period I was on a different plan so higher usage due to less solar production is not why it's showing high usage. One might easily say it's b/c I'm charging my EV, but I only charge my vehicle at work.

So I decided to monitor daily usage SCE provides on their webpage and charged a few times at home to test my actual usage and the metering equipment.

SCE's Metering equipment showed that I drew from the grid 35KWh on 2/15 (2/15 12am to 2/15 11:19pm) and showed that I generated from my solar to the grid 5KWh during the same period. This should result in 30KW used on 2/15, but the usage data on SCE's webpage shows that I drew 9.5KW overall. Where did 20kW go?

What is more confusing is the 20KW I used to charged my car doesn't appear in the usage data from sce. I charged between 11am and 3pm and as you can see the data shows that I generated which is not correct b/c I noted from the metering equipment that I was drawing power from the grid during the charging period (and my solar generated 11kWh during this period), so I couldn't have been possibly generating power during that period. SCE representative swears that the data is accurate, but was not able to provide explanation on the discrepancy when I showed him my results and sort of brushed me off.

I'm confused. Can anyone here chime in please? Am I missing something? Any insight is helpful

- Why is there a discrepancy in usage. (another example - usage data showed I used 40KW on a day no one was home for that day)
- Is SCE's usage data accurate?
- How do I request SCE to review for error? Will they investigate and what justifications should I have in order for them to initiate review?
- Did I choose the wrong plan?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-16 at 5.36.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-16 at 5.36.39 PM.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 120