Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Air Suspension: Teach me about the settings...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The GPS suspension settings appear to be vehicle - not driver profile.

This feature can be annoying - if you ever change the suspension setting - anywhere - it records the GPS location. And the next time you drive near that location, the software will attempt to change the suspension again - and issue a warning if you are moving too fast.

Sometimes this is useful - such as automatically raising the suspension when approaching the Westchase Houston Service Center, which has a steep driveway.

But most of the time, it isn't useful. We often raise the suspension when parking near a high curb - and now when we drive by that location - on the street, the software tries to raise the suspension. Another case - if we've had heavy rain and standing water on the street, we'll raise the suspension - and now every time we drive down that street, the software tries to raise the suspension again.

Clearing these stored GPS locations is not easy. There isn't a list you can review - and edit. There isn't a "clear all suspension locations" command. Instead, when you see the warning message pop up on the dashboard, you've got a few seconds to bring up the suspension display on the center console - and then hit the button to erase that setting - which is difficult to do if you're driving!

This is another example of a nice "Version 1.0" feature - that hasn't seen any improvements since Tesla first released it.

Thanks @bob_p. I did notice there was an "X" next to the GPS saving suspension setting message (or something to that effect), which I assumed meant I could raise the suspension but not store the GPS settings. I'll try it out today and report back.

The GPS suspension settings appear to be vehicle - not driver profile.

This feature can be annoying - if you ever change the suspension setting - anywhere - it records the GPS location. And the next time you drive near that location, the software will attempt to change the suspension again - and issue a warning if you are moving too fast.

But most of the time, it isn't useful. We often raise the suspension when parking near a high curb - and now when we drive by that location - on the street, the software tries to raise the suspension. Another case - if we've had heavy rain and standing water on the street, we'll raise the suspension - and now every time we drive down that street, the software tries to raise the suspension again.

Thanks! I thought we were losing our minds!. Everytime we go by certain parking lots our car raises itself! Silly that it occurs when we drive by. I really didn't want this but it's standard now on all MS' mostly because of the eventual cost of repair when it breaks. And it will break a lot sooner it it is engaging everytime you drive by!