Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Small chip in rear window. Cause for concern?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, thanks! One more question. Do you know if the dent will still be visible even after fixing it? Does fixing it restore the dented part to its original form?
The resin does a pretty good job of filling the chip. You have to follow the instructions closely though to get a proper repair. Depending on the size of the chip, you may still see it a bit but definitely to a lesser degree than what it was because the resin fills in the damaged areas. Like I mentioned, for $10 it’s well worth it. Otherwise, you can go to Safelite or another auto glass repair and pay anything from $50 and up. Alternatively, if you have comprehensive coverage that also covers glass repair with a zero deductible, you can look into that option as well.

Reactions: joonrhee
View attachment 427615 This actually may not spread. I have an almost identical chip in my roof glass at edge. Took it to Safelite. They said they don't fix Tesla roofs. But he said because it has a beginning and end that it will not spread. That was 6 months ago and it has not grown.

The rear glass is not tempered, it's laminated.

I should know, we got a stone chip which spread and had to have the rear glass replaced. Tempered glass doesn't crack, the whole sheet will break at once.

-J

Reactions: Darthbenji