Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sleep Mode in version 5.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No worries,

It is strange. I'm anxiously waiting my Wednesday night data to see how the numbers look, as I have not used the app.

Doh. I was thinking your readings were samples of the current Watts being used. I see the kWh label on the vertical axis now. My bad.

It seems really strange that 5.8 would use more. Perhaps something causing more mobile data access? Or a change in the cell signal strength (a weak or intermittent signal causes a lot more power usage that a strong signal).

I just got the Wednesday night data. Oddly enough the Tesla did not wake up to get recharged. In 4.5 it woke up every other day. I'm going to have to do this experiment another time as I have several 100 mile trips this week.

No worries,

It is strange. I'm anxiously waiting my Wednesday night data to see how the numbers look, as I have not used the app.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the car is supposed to sleep when plugged in for scheduled charging?
Like if I plug in at 5pm but the scheduled charge is at midnight, will it sleep from 5pm-ish to midnight or be fully awake during that time?

Sleep mode has been working great for me in 5.8 (was broken for me in 5.6). I can lose only 1-2 miles in a 12 hour period when the car is sleeping.

Does anyone know if the car is supposed to sleep when plugged in for scheduled charging?
Like if I plug in at 5pm but the scheduled charge is at midnight, will it sleep from 5pm-ish to midnight or be fully awake during that time?

Sleep mode has been working great for me in 5.8 (was broken for me in 5.6). I can lose only 1-2 miles in a 12 hour period when the car is sleeping.

My car goes to sleep and then wakes up at the scheduled time to charge. It stays awake during the charge, and then falls asleep again after charge completion.