Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker Radio (US) Streaming - 320 Kbps Bitrate Support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just changed my settings. Many thanks to the OP for this post. I would have never known. I do find that it takes MUCH longer to buffer unless I have full signal strength. Living in the mountains, that's pretty rare. I do notice much better sound than before. Sounds closer to my WAV files. I might try going down to 256 because I find that the the buffering causes pauses as it tries to catch up. I'll give it some time though. I hate downgrading, but the buffer delays can get on my nerves pretty quickly. Good ole 3G! I might try tethering to my phone, though I worry about ripping through my data plan at lightning speed.

I emailed Tesla last night, got email back this morning with Slacker login info!

Slacker Radio sounds MUCH better to me! Thanks to guys on the forum to pointing this out.
I have pretty strong 3G in my area, and have no issue with buffering. :)

The placebo effect works again! ;) Having read all the posts I tried this and my wife and I noticed absolutely no difference. Which makes sense because they aren't changing the audio quality.

Part of me is wondering if maybe one thing that's adding to the confusion is a bug I've read on the forums that happened on earlier releases... after an update, a parameter says its on one setting, but it is behavior as if the other. In these cases, you've had to toggle back and forth. I distinctly heard a difference on my car from one day to the next. However, this was shortly after I got my car back from the service center and shortly after I got the car altogether, so it could be the service center applied update pushed my car to "Low/Standard" even though the selector said "Best". When I tried the change, I toggled back and forth on my vehicle and distinctly heard a difference.

To summarize, I wonder if, in my specific case, the vehicle was NOT using Best and thus, there was a quality change when I did my stuff, but there would have been even if I didn't try turning on 320 kbps support.

Sadly, I haven't had any other updates yet to "hear" if anything changes.