Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius XM radio wont stay off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the weirdest issue - when listening to Sirius XM, if I park, stop it then open my door, as soon as I hit the door open button, sirius comes right back on full blast. SUPER annoying - does this happen to anyone else? I feel like this has to be a firmware bug.

I'm not saying there is or isn't a firmware bug involved in the paused audio resuming upon door open while you are in the vehicle, but I can note the following points and some potential experiments they bring to mind:

• When I open my door while my USB music is playing, it gets quieter.
    • Perhaps you can adjust the volume while the door is open and save your profile so it isn't full blast?
  • Though I find it quite irritating, I must acknowledge many newer vehicles resume AM/FM/XM whenever they are started even if it was "turned off" (which is effectively pause/mute in newer entertainment systems even when they have a power button), but opening the drivier door to get out doesn't really sound like it should trigger that.
    • Perhaps your occupancy sensor isn't working, so opening the driver door to get out has the same effect as opening it to get in? You could test this by trying to move the vehicle forward or back with your butt firmly planted in the seat, your seatbelt on, and the driver door slightly open. In legacy models, this would be allowed under the specified circumstances, but the vehicle would immediately switch to park while below a certain speed or parked when you lifted your butt (IOW, if it switches to park automatically without you doing that, it might indicate a faulty sensor).
    • In my legacy X, with an iPhone connected, bluetooth doesn't model my described "normal" behavior. You could try switching to Bluetooth before opening the door as a workaround regardless of whether or you are experiencing a bug...

So I made my previous comment Wednesday and did a very minor update the next evening. Suddenly, when getting in my X after this update, Tune-In is sometimes starting even though I had USB playing when I exited. I suspect that I had previously bounced between bluetooth and USB and a setting I changed caused it to reset what the last non-USB played thing between entries. If so, I've switched back to bluetooth now and the issue won't recur. In that case, I should continue to not have media auto-play when I re-enter. Otherwise, either Tesla changed something between 2022.20.18 and 2022.20.19 (which is practically guaranteed not to be the case), or a setting I changed caused this behavioral change, which seems unlikely as far as UI intent is concerned, but not necesssarily as far as strange bugs might be concerned. I suspect my previous advice will still hold, but if it doesn't, I'll try to post another update here.

Final update, it seems I triggered the behavior in my last post y removing Spotify and Tidal from the source list. After adding them back and subsequently rebooting the MCU, I have the previous behavior where itsays "select a source"instead of automatically playing. To be clear, rebooting without adding them back didn't get the old behavior back, nor did adding them back without the subsequent reboot. I have no idea whether all sources have to be present for the behavior I'm used to or whether the post-disabling behavior in my case could have been tied to a specific source being disabled. However, given the intricacies, it's hard telling if switching to bluetooth would prevent automatic playing without USB being involved.