Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side Collision warning gone???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving yesterday and went to make a lane change and there was a car there that i didnt see. I was surprised the Tesla didnt warn me. I searched my controls and noticed the side collision avoidance system is gone??? What happened?

Side collision warning and side collision avoidance are two different things.

The warning is the quarter-circles of red/orange/yellow/gray that are displayed around the car on the IC. <-- this doesn't work perfectly, but it's ok

The avoidance is when the car swerves back into lane <-- this sucks (sucked?)

Are you on 8.0?

I have a 2015 with 8.0 My car didnt do anything I feel like it used force you back or prevent you from changing lanes but maybe I have a bad memory
While not in AP, on 7.x (I haven't had the side collision avoidance trigger on 8.0), it would make the steering wheel feel firm (as if AP is engaged), beep, turn the sensors red on the IC (different shade than just too close) and inch you back into your lane.

The issue with it was that I've had a few close calls where it did nothing, and a not-so-close call where it triggered. So I've stated my opinion - it sucks/sucked.

I wouldn't base my conclusion that they removed the feature off of 1 close call.