Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shuffling Songs via the USB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't believe Tesla still has handled this wish list item. Not having a decent media player is really weak for this grade of car. I can by an aftermarket stereo at Best buy for under $100 that can at least browse an iPhone, shuffle songs, fast forward, etc. it can't be that hard to program if even cheapo car stereos do it.

While there have been some functionality improvements over the past year in the software - most of the software changes appear to have been related to better battery energy management (sleep mode) and the air suspension system.

Version 6 appears to be the next major improvement in functionality - and hopefully we'll see Tesla make significant gains in both the navigation and audio system functionality...

Sadly in many programming languages we're talking about a single line of code to shuffle. Of course there's the button to control it but not having a shuffle option should be embarrassing someone. Didn't the first iPod have shuffle?
It's all about priorities. Someone needs to design the UI, change the program, test it in all the different scenarios (full screen, partial screen) and the different localizations.
And all that needs to prioritized against other enhancements - like the new navigation system promised for 6.0
Sure it's silly they don't have that rather essential feature. But I kinda feel for the understaffed software team - it's never as easy as you think.