Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I buy? Or Wait?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I currently have on order the following car:

2019 Model X Long Range (Pre Raven)
Car has: 22 inch Black rims, FSD, Unlimited Supercharging and Seven Seat Interior. Listed for $109,000 my advisor told me $20,510 discount bringing it to $88,490. Looks like a returned vehicle with 600 miles on it. Good deal or not? Considering the 109,000 list price was before the prices of new ones came down. Thank you guys!

I'm working with an advisor to find a Model S with reduction, they have one that was 19k off.... but I told him it doesn't matter how much it's reduced and he wanted to argue with me on how the reduction amount wasn't remotely relevant. I told him the car could have a 500k price reduction and I still wouldn't buy it, because the bottom line is this. How much less than a custom order 2019 raven is it? 20k off an old price of 100k still places a used (new) old platform car at the same price as newer better cars.

Don't look at the reduction, look at how much less is it off a new order. If it's 10k or so, go for it... if it's 1 or 2k just order a raven model.

Reactions: HostileHarry
That car depending on color is about 99-100k for a Raven. I would say that is a pretty good deal. I heard of some people being able to swap out their wheels for the regular ones and getting 5500 off the price as well, unless you really want the 22inch wheels. good luck!

If that’s what you want with the car then go for it. You can search these forums about how different the “ravens” are to help guide you. My “raven” is 4 weeks old today and we custom ordered it. We were looking at used ones, but I wanted something that was mine from day 1 and I didn’t want to have to deal with the chance of having any pre-raven issues.

Hi, I currently have on order the following car:

2019 Model X Long Range (Pre Raven)
Car has: 22 inch Black rims, FSD, Unlimited Supercharging and Seven Seat Interior. Listed for $109,000 my advisor told me $20,510 discount bringing it to $88,490. Looks like a returned vehicle with 600 miles on it. Good deal or not? Considering the 109,000 list price was before the prices of new ones came down. Thank you guys!

Unless you really have your heart set on the wheels, your better off buying new. In order to figure this out and compare the difference you have to mention the color also. So lets say its Pearl White which is Stock now. Your price for a new Raven is roughly $95,000 With FSD and stock wheels. The difference would be around $6,000 discount from the pre-raven. So consider what $6,000 more will buy you RAVEN with 30 miles of additional range. new suspension, New model 3 front motor, Never driven with new miles under 50. Personally I prefer having more range. I can always buy nice wheels later of my choice. Just my point of view, I pondered this same issue and ordered a new Raven instead. Good Luck on your choice

Reactions: mswlogo
Do you guys think a used 2018 75D with 6 seat configuration with 12,000 miles for $71k is a good deal? It’s not thru Tesla directly but I figure it is a 2018 so warranty still applies. But it is a rental vehicle.

I would avoid a "rental" like I would the Bubonic Plague / Black Death. :eek: Title/Registration will show rental history and it will have a lower value than a non rental. :oops: Then, just think of how many different people "took their turn" with that car... o_O No thanks! YMMV.